Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics

Go down 
+5
'96reese
Sag
Buapo
AA
palermocorey90
9 posters
AuthorMessage
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics Empty
PostSubject: Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics   Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 11:22 pm

ok so if u have made the desicion that u want to polish your supercharger. this how to is for you. this might also work for a rebuild as well, im rebuilding this M62. please be aware i will not be held responsible for any damage you do to your car, DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

STEP 1, Remove the supercharger from the car
Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics DSCN3408

STEP 2 , Next inspect the blower unit

STEP 3 , remove the cone from the blower unit, i have provied pics.on the eaton M62(series 1) there are eight bolts holding the cone to the unit. use a 10mm socket and ratchet to remove these.
Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics DSCN3409

Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics DSCN3410

STEP 4 , Then carfully use a small screw driver to pry apart. then after apart drain oil, do it outside this smells god awful. i did it in my room at about 11:19 pm. not good,

Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics DSCN3412

STEP 5, Revove the internals, yet again i use a flat tips screwdriver, with a rubber mallet,
Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics DSCN3413

Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics DSCN3414

Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics DSCN3415

Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics DSCN3416

Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics DSCN3417

STEP 6, Soak ur supercharger in engine degreeser
Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics DSCN3418

Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics DSCN3422

STEP 7, After cleanering up soak in very hot water

Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics DSCN3423

STEP 8 , After drying very well by hand let air dry

Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics DSCN3425

STEP 9, Strat polishing, useing a dremal with a cone shaped but doing all the hard to reach areas(listen to some good music as well)
Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics DSCN3426

Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics DSCN3428

STEP 10, continue sanding, eather with a dremal or bu hand(hand will look better" but continue till smooth with 40 grit and there is no more powerdercoat on ur M62 or M90

STEP 11, start sanding now with 80 Grit, the entire blower till smooth again

will continue as we press on bonk
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics   Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 10:05 pm

clap Very nice write-up, Corey! Can you post some pics of the finished job?

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics   Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 10:29 pm

im doing it as we speak, im polishing my other SC, cuz the first one didnt turn out perfect, this will be how to do the job the RIGHT WAY
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
Buapo
Addict
Buapo

Name : Ben
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Polishing the Supercharger lobes?   Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 5:41 pm

I could literally sit there for 10 hours polishing it, if the results were good. My question is, would it corrode? Isn't it aluminum? How hard is it to take off the Supercharger cover?

I would really like to do this as a summer project, which for me is in one month, I think it would add a really awesome look to my already clean engine bay, plus I might be able to replace the rear valve cover while it's off.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sag
Enthusiast
Sag

Name : Martin
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics   Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 5:48 pm

Easy to open but don't know about polishing lobes but there is teflon coating on those lobes so i'm no shure about polish.
Back to top Go down
'96reese
Fanatic

Name : Reese
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics   Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:33 pm

hey corey i'm trying to polish my brothers supercharger now, and out of all the stuff i bought to take the old grey paint off i found that a good wire whell works the best. the only thing is i wish it didnt take long, but its working better than sand paper, resurfacing discs, and sanding stones. once i get it all the panit off i bought these polishing pads and aluminum polishing compund that feels in the dips. i was goin to paint it, but these is actually starting to turn out pretty good. if anyone can tell me how to upload pics on here, then i'll post the finished product. by the way a good air compressor and die grinder/ drill helps too!
Back to top Go down
TType_Riviera
Fanatic
TType_Riviera

Name : Rob

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics   Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 6:27 pm

I'm sure there are a few products out there..but this one comes to mind.. after polishing.. you will want to seal the aluminum and its pores.. with something like this... http://www.zoopseal.com/zoopseal.asp
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2131502/1
mr riviera
mr riviera

Name : Pat

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics   Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:41 am

Wheres the pics damnit , i wanna see lol razz
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics   Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics EmptySun May 31, 2009 3:25 am

mr riviera wrote:
Wheres the pics damnit , i wanna see lol razz

Sarcasm?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

Name : Scotty
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics   Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:07 pm

how long did this job take?
including removal, cleaning, and reinstall
Back to top Go down
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/xxsupergman25xx/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics   Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics Empty

Back to top Go down

Write-Up: How to Polish a Supercharger with pics
Page 1 of 1