Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: The Exhaust Thread

Go down 
+80
96_Juggernaut
h20man
al_roethlisberger
Johnny5
bmcd9179
99Rivman
matt270avian
Sir Psycho Sexy
th3fr4nchi5e
bigblue96
2000ws6transam
Setton
stan
llamalor2112
LT1Squirrel
highwaywarrior
Jamax
pwriv97
c0reyl
LARRY70GS
flyineagle96
Pipes
Bowersk
charlieRobinson
69GSColorado
gmann3001
Ron's Rocket Riv
denim
dboydakid
RidzRiv
jlaw
J. Chris Davis
Hometown Hero
hollywood
sealk
VJD2
BrianEsser
Tank
Abaddon
BMD
crlombardi69
IBx1
Snowdog
L67
esquire23
DEMonte1997
Eldo
#1BearsFan
Rickw
robotennis61
Chicken
albertj
1wickedninja
captshiner
Shintsu
greg_anderson_78
TonySmooth89
dreww
urbsnspices
nothincame2mind
BillBoost37
BKRIV
ewolfe0050
envus87
deekster_caddy
TType_Riviera
palermocorey90
oldsman105
Jack the R
97rivman
1998 Riv
turtleman
ender467
T Riley
SoCal Riv
Jason
Mr.Riviera
AA
84 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

FAQ: The Exhaust Thread - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: The Exhaust Thread   FAQ: The Exhaust Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Hmmm... I don't recall saying quieter, I recall saying less raspy.

neutral

Maybe shoulda said more growly.

Rickw spec'd an exhaust a while back that I kind of whish I'd built - teh longest resonator that would fit teamed with a couple decent mufflers, I'm thinking Hooker Maximum Flow - - or SpinTech Cruiser series (made for quiet on the 2+ hour drive)... http://www.spintechmufflers.com/mufflers/street-mufflers/cruiser-mufflers-7000-series/cat_31.html

Glad you're happy with your exhaust!

Albertj

Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: The Exhaust Thread   FAQ: The Exhaust Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:19 pm

I was actually looking at Hooker Mufflers. I was also seriously contemplating buying a HushPower too. However, price was in consideration. I watched (listened) to many YouTube videos of the Pypes exhaust. I liked it. I was just flabbergasted at how loud they were (before I bought two more mufflers). I couldn't buy the more expensive mufflers the second time around, cause the Riv account was spent. So I opted for the second pair. With all the money I spent, including installation, I could've bought the better ones......had I only known dunno
It definitely doesn't sound like your "typical" 3800. Most of the modded GP's around here are runnin FlowMaster....they all sound the same. It doesn't have that hollow sound anymore either. The 2 SS muffs are Pypes RacePro M80's (as already said). They also make a "full sized" SS RacePro, which I contemplated buying instead. They sound amazing on a new V6 Mustang. But, this is what I'm left with for a while. So...eh. Time to start savin for the engine build. twisted
Back to top Go down
crlombardi69
Enthusiast

Name : Chris L
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: The Exhaust Thread   FAQ: The Exhaust Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:09 pm

I think your exhaust system sounds very good. Also these cars have good sound deadening so you don't hear S much inside as say lesser cars would. I don't think that the pype ss muffler are doing very much in the whole scheme of things though. Anyway I like the end result and appreciate you sharing this info b/c it is valuable to us still trying to decide on parts to make up our entire system. Kudos to you Don.

Back to top Go down
http://crlombardi69@yahoo.com
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: The Exhaust Thread   FAQ: The Exhaust Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 11:43 pm

crlombardi69 wrote:
I think your exhaust system sounds very good. Also these cars have good sound deadening so you don't hear S much inside as say lesser cars would. I don't think that the pype ss muffler are doing very much in the whole scheme of things though. Anyway I like the end result and appreciate you sharing this info b/c it is valuable to us still trying to decide on parts to make up our entire system. Kudos to you Don.

Thx Man!. It's grown on me already whip
Back to top Go down
Jason
Aficionado
Jason

Name : Jason
Merit : 65

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: The Exhaust Thread   FAQ: The Exhaust Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:40 pm

Abaddon wrote:
My DynoMax Super Turbo's I had decided to rust through
Dynomax superturbos carry a lifetime warranty
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Doctor_Meltdown
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: The Exhaust Thread   FAQ: The Exhaust Thread - Page 18 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 9:47 am

Jason wrote:
Dynomax superturbos carry a lifetime warranty

I wasn't aware of that. Lil late now......thx for the info
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: The Exhaust Thread   FAQ: The Exhaust Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:30 pm

I am looking to redo my cat back on my riv. I have headers and and a 3" pipe in place of the cat, stock from the resonator to the tips.
I want flow, but i'm more concerned with how it sounds and losing weight where possible.

I came up with the idea of having a high flow resonator (like the one zzp sells) with 3" inlet and outlet. Followed by ONE round muffler directly behind the res before the Y. Not sure what to chose, but 3" inlet, 2.5" outlet.
Then a Y pipe and 2 pipes going around the spare tire and exiting the factory locations.

I want it to be a little louder than stock, but i cant stand drone at any rpm.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: The Exhaust Thread   FAQ: The Exhaust Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:21 pm

i have a 3" DP to 2.5" pipe with no resonator, then a Y at the rear wheels and a glasspack on each side. i also have long tips that you would normally see on a truck, i think they have a lot to do with the tone of my car and there not being barely any rasp if at all.
i have videos if youd like to hear how it sounds.
Back to top Go down
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

Name : Klix
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: The Exhaust Thread   FAQ: The Exhaust Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 4:37 pm

Put em up. box
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: The Exhaust Thread   FAQ: The Exhaust Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:24 pm

old clip from last winter, i have to get a new summer/fall one with a fly-by: