Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Gasket Replacement Suggestions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
3.8 Riviera
Amateur
3.8 Riviera

Name : Tyre
Merit : 1

Gasket Replacement Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Gasket Replacement Suggestions   Gasket Replacement Suggestions EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:57 pm

Okay you guys, im back w/ alot more questions as I promised. So at the moment I am getting parts for my Riviera. With their helpful diagnose section, it seems to be if I need to change most of all the gaskets so the burning oil will stop. The head gasket (to get rid of the debris in the coolant container), valve cover gasket, intake manifold gasket/ LIM gasket, and the oil pan gasket. Any input to this would be helpful. Also Im looking at window motors for the passenger window, What all do I need to get to fix this. Do any of you know of the specific part number? Im looking at the Dorman Window Lift Motor ranging btw $30-$50. I do have to say AutoZone is pretty helpful at the moment. Thanks You Guys. I need all the help I can get.
Here is the link: Link
Back to top Go down
mdhall1
mdhall1

Name : Matt
Merit : 1

Gasket Replacement Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gasket Replacement Suggestions   Gasket Replacement Suggestions EmptyFri May 29, 2009 1:01 am

I have purchased a bunch of junk parts from Auto Zone(4 throttle positioning sensors were all bad, 5th one was a charm). I use www.rockauto.com the longest shipping has taken was 4 days and that was for my struts. Rock auto AC delco parts you can't go wrong. At least that's my opinion.
Back to top Go down

Gasket Replacement Suggestions
Page 1 of 1