Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

leaking power steering fluid

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1996RIV CALI
Amateur
1996RIV CALI

Merit : 0

leaking power steering fluid Empty
PostSubject: leaking power steering fluid   leaking power steering fluid EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 4:21 pm

help my power steering fluid did not start leaking until i filled it up, but only leaks after i park it over night. did i fill it up to much and thats why its leaking. it seem to turn ok. any help would be great.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: leaking power steering fluid   leaking power steering fluid EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 4:31 pm

what area is the leak coming from? from the rack? from the pump? otherwise ,clean off the power steering pump and reservoir area real good with hose and chemicals.place paper towels underneath,and next day with flashlight look for leak. could be p/s pump seal. eitherway PIA!
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: leaking power steering fluid   leaking power steering fluid EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 4:41 pm

If you had to add P/S fluid, well... it has to be going somewhere, so you must have a leak somewhere else in the system. Normally you don't need to add P/S fluid. It could be anywhere, but a visual inspection of all the steering components should identify the leak.
Back to top Go down
1996RIV CALI
Amateur
1996RIV CALI

Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: leaking power steering fluid   leaking power steering fluid EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 5:46 pm

i put P/S IN because it was low. I think it could be the pump or a hose. in the mourning the fluid is right under the pump.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: leaking power steering fluid   leaking power steering fluid EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 6:29 pm

again,clean all the areas around pump. if you think its a hose clean that area,and check in the morning. if tis coming from behind the pump thats a seal. PIA
Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

Name : Ryan
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: leaking power steering fluid   leaking power steering fluid EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:10 am

I just went through this, mine ended up being a leak from the pump, then it went out. Have you noticed any hickups in the steering?.. If it's the pump, email Ed Morad, I got mine for $39 shipped
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: leaking power steering fluid   leaking power steering fluid Empty

Back to top Go down

leaking power steering fluid
Page 1 of 1