Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

My 97 Buick Park Avenue

Go down 
+15
AA
Hometown Hero
Jason
ghpcnm
nothincame2mind
flyineagle96
VJD2
BMD
DEMonte1997
Sweepspear
IBx1
robotennis61
stan
Abaddon
97 park ave
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

Name : Greg
Merit : 17

My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 97 Buick Park Avenue   My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:08 pm

The Park Avenue seats look really nice!
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: My 97 Buick Park Avenue   My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:30 pm

DEMonte1997 wrote:
Looks slick Tyler! As always smile
Thanks rick!

95rivy wrote:
Hey dude im not sure how i like the new trim, haha i said trim but anyway i just think it kinda fades away with all the black around the window. but pics dont look like the real car in sun light. but anyway dude, I've never seen a park ave as nice as yours so im sure it looks good. keep up the good work, maybe some pics in sunlight!!
That was kind of the point, i hate chrome and wanted the trim to blend in with the window more.
Im not sure what you mean by pics in sunlight, as the last 3 were taken just as the sun was beginning to set. The first pic near the top of the page was taken in sunlight. I purposely took the pics when the car wasnt in direct sunlight, when the painted trim is reflecting the sunlight you can barely tell theyre painted, when its in the shade you can see the difference.

RidzRiv wrote:
The Park Avenue seats look really nice!
They feel nice, very comparable to the rivs. When i changed the oil on one the other day i was thinking how the park ave is basically a 4 door riv, and i would definitely own both.
Back to top Go down
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

PostSubject: Re: My 97 Buick Park Avenue   My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:35 pm

awesome maybe the seats are interchangeable!
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: My 97 Buick Park Avenue   My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:53 pm

RidzRiv wrote:
awesome maybe the seats are interchangeable!
Possibly, i never really thought of doing it. You would have to get the seats from an ultra with the center console and split front seats, most park aves have the 60/40 seats in front with a flip-down center console.
Other than that they seem about the same size.
Back to top Go down
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

PostSubject: Re: My 97 Buick Park Avenue   My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 7:16 pm

It may be worth looking into for someone who really needs new seats. Next time i go to the junkyard in lakeland MN i'll look.

I think it would look cool if you painted your top black from the top of the doors up, like a convertible top. I just thought of that after seeing the window trim painted black.
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: My 97 Buick Park Avenue   My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:05 am

RidzRiv wrote:
It may be worth looking into for someone who really needs new seats. Next time i go to the junkyard in lakeland MN i'll look.

I think it would look cool if you painted your top black from the top of the doors up, like a convertible top. I just thought of that after seeing the window trim painted black.
Yea im sure ive thought of just about any way i could paint it. Kind of hard to do anything to it though when law enforcement pricks dont have anything better to do, just got my 6th or 7th tint ticket last night. rolleyes
Back to top Go down
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

PostSubject: Re: My 97 Buick Park Avenue   My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:23 am

Yeah i'm not exactly sure if the tint laws are the same in wisconsin or not.
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Name : Dave
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: My 97 Buick Park Avenue   My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:43 am

Welcome to the POLICE STATE !! evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: My 97 Buick Park Avenue   My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:04 am

RidzRiv wrote:
Yeah i'm not exactly sure if the tint laws are the same in wisconsin or not.
As far as i know WI tint laws are 35%, while MN is 50%. Either way ive never been stopped over in superior for anything, let alone tint. I just dont get it cause it was a trooper that pulled me over, but i was dead center in the city. Why the hell do we need 3 different types of law enforcement officers when theyre all patrolling the same area? I always thought it should be the sheriffs for the sticks, city pigs for the city, and troopers on the interstate.
I saw 3 duluth cops, along with the trooper that got me, all within a 3 block radius, i knew one was bound to come for me. I had my seatbelt on, going 30mph, and my window was half down. I had my license/registration ready before the prick even lit me up. He went through all the normal BS while being an asshole the whole time, also had a great time chatting with the dumbass duluth cop that decided to stop in on the fun. He measured the fronts, then the backs, then the backs again cause fag boy from DPD "wanted to see how those thingys worked".
Since ive been through this enough times, i went to grab the ticket from the trooper when he came back and he pulled it away to be a dickhead just to tell me everything i already know. He gave me my ticket and said "drive safe", like i wasnt when he saw me or somethin.
All i have to say is every one of those pricks better hope i dont blow a gasket and go on a rampage one day, theyll be the first to go.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: My 97 Buick Park Avenue   My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Hey man.....at least all you got was a tint ticket. We have a ZERO tint law on the front side windows here in Michigan. All of my windows are 35%....you can see right through the damn thing. I got pulled over going through New Baltimore last month for my tints. Ended up on Probation, have to piss once a month, and I've already forked out $640, with another estimated $400 or so in the next year......guess they need to pay for their new courthouse somehow shout
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: My 97 Buick Park Avenue   My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:51 pm

Abaddon wrote:
Hey man.....at least all you got was a tint ticket. We have a ZERO tint law on the front side windows here in Michigan. All of my windows are 35%....you can see right through the damn thing. I got pulled over going through New Baltimore last month for my tints. Ended up on Probation, have to piss once a month, and I've already forked out $640, with another estimated $400 or so in the next year......guess they need to pay for their new courthouse somehow shout
Damn, sounds a bit like me last year except i didnt have to pay anything cause i took it off. If i wouldve gotten this ticket last month id be looking at $800 in fines on top of 60 days in jail.
F*** the police. shoot
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Name : Dave

PostSubject: Re: My 97 Buick Park Avenue   My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:07 pm

The Long Arm of The Law will get you every time:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43769978/ns/us_news-weird_news/

Last edited by ghpcnm on Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: My 97 Buick Park Avenue   My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:29 pm

If theres nothing to do at work, i get sent home. If police are out dickin around instead of busting the REAL bad guys, send their asses home.
Back to top Go down
flyineagle96
Junkie
flyineagle96

Name : James E

PostSubject: Re: My 97 Buick Park Avenue   My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:54 pm

Watch out they don't give you tickets for all the tint, like your lights!!! That's what happened to me.................. rockets Also,i learned that their watching,reading and so on, you get what i mean right? twisted RED RED RED
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: My 97 Buick Park Avenue   My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Let em read, not like im already being harassed beyond belief. And believe me, they tried the light BS when the tint was off, i made them look like complete dumbasses and was on my way.
Back to top Go down
97buickriviera
Amateur
97buickriviera

Name : Ian
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: My 97 Buick Park Avenue   My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 10:19 pm

That's nice... I always liked the Park Avenue, my neighbors have one that's blue inside and out... Its nice. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 97 Buick Park Avenue   My 97 Buick Park Avenue - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

My 97 Buick Park Avenue
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4