Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

OK! So more tranny problems and some other stuff!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kimble01
Rookie

Name : Gary Kimble
Merit : 0

OK! So more tranny problems and some other stuff! Empty
PostSubject: OK! So more tranny problems and some other stuff!   OK! So more tranny problems and some other stuff! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:14 pm

First thanks to Abbaon for all his help.
Some background: Replaced the Rack and Pinion from one from Morad, super fast response great price worked like a charm. Also did the AC compressor and was coming home from the shop after a leakdown test. The transmission went to passing gear going down the interstate and stayed there. Throwing codes po756 (twice). Replaced the TCC solenoid myself. Got it all back together, no surprise, no change. I say no surprise cuz some reading on here told me this was prolly an electrical problem. But I didn't do that reading until after I had purchased both 1-2 and 3-4 shift solenoids. I finally dug into the valve body thinking a stuck valve might be the culprit. Again, before I did some reading.

So I have a Service Engine Soon light, it wants to start in 2nd (I think) and it still has no 4th/OD. Here's my question. How do I troubleshoot this? Where are ANY fuses related to this?

Second issue: after replacing the Rack and Pinion, no controls operate on the steering wheel, and my Airbag light is on. Where do I check for this?

Thanks all.
Gary
Back to top Go down
http://www.F1ComptuerServices.biz
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: OK! So more tranny problems and some other stuff!   OK! So more tranny problems and some other stuff! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:22 pm

"Abbaon" sound like a mythical figure from the Bible! lol!
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: OK! So more tranny problems and some other stuff!   OK! So more tranny problems and some other stuff! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:28 pm

There are no fuses that would cause this. According to my 98 Factory Service Manual(FSM), P0756 is 2-3 shift valve performance. Looking over the trouble tree, it seems like you need a Tech2 type scan tool to do the trouble shooting, and reading through the trouble tree, all I see in the various steps is actual damage to various clutch packs, seals, and other components. If you want to trouble shoot these cars, you need an FSM. It is not optional IMHO. As good as this site is, it has it's limitations. I'd scan the relevant pages for you, but the manual is about 2 1/2" thick, and I can't get the pages to lie flat on the scanner unless I rip them out, and I won't do that. Wish I could help more. You can find the FSM's pretty reasonable on E Bay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK! So more tranny problems and some other stuff!   OK! So more tranny problems and some other stuff! Empty

Back to top Go down

OK! So more tranny problems and some other stuff!
Page 1 of 1