Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Series III 3 engine swap

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

Series III 3 engine swap Empty
PostSubject: Series III 3 engine swap   Series III 3 engine swap EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:53 pm

Did a search but...
Has anyone installed a series III L67 into their Riviera?
It seems to me there isnt much difference between the series II and III besides the gen V blower and the air intake.
They have to be compatible with our cars.. right?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Series III 3 engine swap   Series III 3 engine swap EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:33 pm

charlieRobinson wrote:
Did a search but...
Has anyone installed a series III L67 into their Riviera?
It seems to me there isnt much difference between the series II and III besides the gen V blower and the air intake.
They have to be compatible with our cars.. right?

It has been done but it is far easier to just swap blowers than try to get a new motor in.
Problems arise when you realize the wire harnesses are not the same and the small things like injectors, oil sensor etc are different between the L32 and the L67.

Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

Name : Going Nowhere Fast
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Series III 3 engine swap   Series III 3 engine swap EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 1:49 am

Its been done and to answer your question I have a series 3 L32 in my 96
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Series III 3 engine swap   Series III 3 engine swap EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 8:31 pm

Okay im trying to change my pulley size and its different from the series 2
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Series III 3 engine swap   Series III 3 engine swap EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 10:39 pm

Since you're running a series III with a Gen V blower you generally want to go 2 pulley sizes higher than  us. So basically your 3.8" stock pulley is the equivalent of a 3.6" on our cars. With your mods you could probably get away with a 3.7" or a 3.6". That being said, I would invest in other mods like headers or rockers so that way you could really drop down in size. Dropping to a 3.7" or a 3.6" would be a waste of money IMO.

If you need a pulley puller I have one that I'm willing to rent out. PM me if you're interested.

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t23-faq-modding-101-how-to-increase-acceleration-performance?highlight=modding

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t3656-faq-smaller-sc-pulley-what-size#36
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Series III 3 engine swap   Series III 3 engine swap EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 1:08 am

The stuff that differentiates the series III (L32/L26) from the series II (L67/L36) isn't really beneficial  with the exception of the blower. A 'series III engine swap' would essentially be swapping nearly the same physical engine and running a newer powertrain control system and returnless fuel system, etc. which would be a real pain to integrate with no notable payoff. Just take the goods (blower) off the series III and put it on the series II.

Last edited by turtleman on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Series III 3 engine swap   Series III 3 engine swap EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 12:26 pm

Ii have had the S3 in my car coming up on two years now it swapped right in no problem just changed the tb and fuel rails plus the alternator had to be shaved a tad bit to fit but its perfect. Nothing changed I just haven't had time to do no mods being that this is my only vehicle n all at the moment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Series III 3 engine swap   Series III 3 engine swap Empty

Back to top Go down

Series III 3 engine swap
Page 1 of 1