Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Reply needed straight away

Go down 
+8
flyineagle96
llamalor2112
deekster_caddy
LARRY70GS
bigdave
matt270avian
robotennis61
Wolfmaster579
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Wolfmaster579
Fanatic
Wolfmaster579

Name : Ryan
Merit : 2

Reply needed straight away - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reply needed straight away   Reply needed straight away - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 6:28 pm

Yes it certainly is Dave. I'm going to check that return pipe for a crack or leak. I can't see the gaskets causing any issues. Something for me to deal with tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Wolfmaster579
Fanatic
Wolfmaster579

PostSubject: Re: Reply needed straight away   Reply needed straight away - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 7:37 pm

Yeah, it's what I get for tinkering all day. Took the beauty out for a drive to get dinner and now she looks like the beauty with the busted teeth. She has claimed her first kill, and fortunately the stupid doe didn't survive it. Not sure I will get much salvaged from the carcass though. Looks like she'll need some body work now. It's gonna need a new hood, grill and grill bracket, and passenger side headlight and mounting bracket.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Reply needed straight away   Reply needed straight away - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Wolfmaster579 wrote:
Yeah, it's what I get for tinkering all day. Took the beauty out for a drive to get dinner and now she looks like the beauty with the busted teeth. She has claimed her first kill, and fortunately the stupid doe didn't survive it. Not sure I will get much salvaged from the carcass though. Looks like she'll need some body work now. It's gonna need a new hood, grill and grill bracket, and passenger side headlight and mounting bracket.

Wow dude! I'm sorry to hear this happened.
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

Name : Evan
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Reply needed straight away   Reply needed straight away - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 9:34 pm

Oh no! That car is gorgeous, I'm so sorry man.. that's my biggest fear around here as well. I hope you'll get her all fixed up and nobody will be able to tell anything ever happened. When it rains it pours, like they always say  frown 
Back to top Go down
Wolfmaster579
Fanatic
Wolfmaster579

PostSubject: Re: Reply needed straight away   Reply needed straight away - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 6:48 am

Thanks for the condolences guys. At least it is cosmetic and nothing mechanical that got damaged. Now hopefully, the claims adjuster is generous (whenever he decides to show up) and the dealership I wanna take it to can get her back in shape. I have a feeling I may have to help them find the needed parts.

In the meantime I can still check out that return pipe for leaks. Engine still runs strong. I gotta keep from touching the front end damage until the adjuster gets here. But the urge to start taking the bad parts off is really strong. Wife told me to wait, so I suppose I should.
Back to top Go down
flyineagle96
Junkie
flyineagle96

Name : James E
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Reply needed straight away   Reply needed straight away - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 9:18 pm

I have all parts u need!!! thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Wolfmaster579
Fanatic
Wolfmaster579

PostSubject: Re: Reply needed straight away   Reply needed straight away - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 5:31 am

This might be a difficult thing to get a hold of. There is a small trim strip that goes directly under the composite headlights on my car. Unfortunately, both are broken and i'm hoping I can find them somewhere before the car goes to the body shop. That way they can get painted and installed. Any leads please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Wolfmaster579
Fanatic
Wolfmaster579

PostSubject: Re: Reply needed straight away   Reply needed straight away - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Got all the parts I needed for the Riv. Just gotta wait for those filler strips and grill to come in before I take the car into the body shop.

Back on topic of the EGR issue. I took off the return pipe and didn't see any cracks or breaks in it. So I reinstalled it and started the engine since it has been a couple days since it ran. Nice thing about the cold. Makes it easier to see exhaust.

So I let the engine warm up, and did the old "foot on the brake while in gear thing" again, while watching the EGR with the hood up. When revving the engine I saw smoke rise in the front and the back of the engine. Put it back in park and came around the front. Hit the throttle cable and saw the exhaust smoke rising from the under sides of the manifolds. It is possible the manifolds cracked again. Or the welds didn't hold for some reason. So when I get the car back from the body shop I will be removing the exhaust manifolds and inspecting them. Wonder what it would cost to get replacements.....Anywho, that is the update.
Back to top Go down
flyineagle96
Junkie
flyineagle96

Name : James E
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Reply needed straight away   Reply needed straight away - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 pm

I have trim pieces in white 2,how much r u willin 2 pay!!!
Back to top Go down
Wolfmaster579
Fanatic
Wolfmaster579

PostSubject: Re: Reply needed straight away   Reply needed straight away - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 10:14 pm

Wolfmaster579 wrote:
Got all the parts I needed for the Riv. Just gotta wait for those filler strips and grill to come in

Sorry James. I found all the stuff I needed. But I will keep you in mind in case some other catastrophy happens. Fingers crossed that it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reply needed straight away   Reply needed straight away - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reply needed straight away
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4