Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Temperature Gauge

Go down 
+2
matt270avian
rivi95era
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rivi95era
Enthusiast
rivi95era

Name : Marc
Merit : 0

Temperature Gauge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temperature Gauge   Temperature Gauge - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 4:01 pm

LARRY70GS wrote:
rivi95era wrote:
albertj wrote:
rivi95era wrote:
I am also going to run a mechanical oil pressure gauge and temp
gauge and install them behind the ashtray door. I dont smoke and if I did I would not use the ashtray anyhow. 

I put a mechanical oil pressure and boost gauge behind my ashtray door,

Temperature Gauge - Page 2 DashKit5

Temperature Gauge - Page 2 Boost6

Oh very nice, I can also see the subtle differences between the later model dash and my own. The center stack protrudes and the lower cd changer is replaced by cd holders and the cd is moved to the radio dead unit. Thank you for the visual I really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
rivi95era
Enthusiast
rivi95era

PostSubject: Re: Temperature Gauge   Temperature Gauge - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 1:22 pm

MAJOR UPDATE!

I have fixed all the problems at one time. Problems that have plagued me for over six years. When I first got the car, the ses light and abs light were removed. I ran the codes, replaced the bulbs, and got an ecu from the local wrecker. The quad driver module codes went away so i thought all was well. Strange that before I swapped the ecu the temp gauge didnt work and after didnt work. Eventually I got a shop manual and checked circuits, I pulled the dash looking for a short or burnt wires. Never found what the problem was only that everything I checked, was good. So confusing for me. Well I picked up an ecu from the local yard, different wrecker from the one I got six years ago. This one was actually out of a 95 supercharged  Rivera where the other ecu was out of a 94 park avenue. So for anyone wondering, don't put an ecu from a park ave in your riviera. Ii will run, and  will not have any fault codes but you will lose a lot of functionality including overdrive. This means I dont have to change my tcc solenoid. I was planning on that job next fall. So very pleased with this discovery and I hope that my turmoil over the last six years helps someone out. the levels of frustration at times were through the roof as you can see from my older posts. I will answer any followup questions on things I may have left out. Thank you everyone for all your help over the years!

Rivieraz likes this post

Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Temperature Gauge   Temperature Gauge - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 9:50 pm

rivi95era wrote:
MAJOR UPDATE!

I have fixed all the problems at one time. Problems that have plagued me for over six years. When I first got the car, the ses light and abs light were removed. I ran the  codes, replaced the bulbs, and got an ecu from the local wrecker. The quad driver module codes went away so i thought all was well. Strange that before I swapped the ecu the temp gauge didnt work and after didnt work. Eventually I got a shop manual and checked circuits, I pulled the dash looking for a short or burnt wires. Never found what the problem was only that everything I checked, was good. So confusing for me. Well I picked up an ecu from the local yard, different wrecker from the one I got six years ago. This one was actually out of a 95 supercharged  Rivera where the other ecu was out of a 94 park avenue. So for anyone wondering, don't put an ecu from a park ave in your riviera. Ii will run, and  will not have any fault codes but you will lose a lot of functionality including overdrive. This means I dont have to change my tcc solenoid. I was planning on that job next fall. So very pleased with this discovery and I hope that my turmoil over the last six years helps someone out. the levels of frustration at times were through the roof as you can see from my older posts. I will answer any followup questions on things I may have left out. Thank you everyone for all your help over the years!

Thanks *so much* for the update!! I wondered what was up with the temp gauge...
Back to top Go down
rivi95era
Enthusiast
rivi95era

PostSubject: Re: Temperature Gauge   Temperature Gauge - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 7:29 am

Well, my best guess is that someone tried to fix things with the wrong ecu before and I just accidentally repeated it with trusting the junkyard would give me the correct part. As I had mentioned the temp gauge and gear indicator have never worked for me. Also over drive would stop working after a mile or two. I am super happy to finally have this resolved. I can now diagnose the other problems now that the car actually throws a ses light. New challenge arose but I am ready to tackle it. Now my shop manuals will actually help me since the computer system is functioning as it was intended. Thanks for all the advice from everyone.

albertj likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temperature Gauge   Temperature Gauge - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Temperature Gauge
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2