Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings

Go down 
+2
AA
Wolfmaster579
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings   In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 12:51 pm

Well there you go. Everything is clears as day listed under "Subframe"

All the OEM P/N's for each year.
Back to top Go down
jbird
Fanatic
jbird

Name : Jeff
Merit : 7

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings   In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 3:22 pm

we all need a little help sometimes, thanks for the easy one!
razz

Jbird
Back to top Go down
R1V 1T UP
Enthusiast
R1V 1T UP

Name : Timothy
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings   In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 7:42 pm

Thanks for the lead to that link, Jbird. Last time I found it was through a word search and lost it until now. I have looked up all the parts for my '97 and now know their cost and availability.

Hey Rick, do you have a recommendation on what to look for with the rear subframe? If I can learn from your experience that would be a great help. I do have some repairs to focus on in the rear undercarriage and might as well knock as much out as I can if other parts are out of the way.
Back to top Go down
http://livinthedream1.bandcamp.com
jbird
Fanatic
jbird

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings   In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 10:15 pm

You're welcome,
Just got to digging through my paperwork but sounds like you got it handled.
I may have to do the rear subframe at some point, but the amount I have spent on the Riv over the last couple years makes me want to heal a little first. It is running & riding the best it has since I have owned it though.
Also added new tunes last weekend Blue tooth, hands free & sounds great! banana

Jbird

Back to top Go down
R1V 1T UP
Enthusiast
R1V 1T UP

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings   In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 10:32 pm

Nice. You are many steps ahead of me. Do you have any pics?
Back to top Go down
jbird
Fanatic
jbird

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings   In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 11:08 pm

I have neglected to get going with another image hosting site, since the last one stopped being free.
Need to do it, maybe soon.

You joined 2009, is this the same Riv you've had over the years?

Jbird
Back to top Go down
R1V 1T UP
Enthusiast
R1V 1T UP

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings   In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 7:01 am

No, the pic under my name was my first. Got hosed with it and used it as a parts donor for my current Riv which is Tan. Thankfully I think I made my money back in parts from that car.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings   In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 12:02 am

The furthest I got with the Rear Suspension Support Assembly (RSSA) or rear cradle was to buy one in "A" condition from a large junk yard that has locations all over the country.
I paid just under $100.00 for it and it was pristine. They have trucks moving all the time all over the country from all of their facilities. So I didn't have to pay any shipping cost's.

After the guy told me what it would cost I asked him to price me a Front Cradle and I almost shit my pants. I paid Morad's for one in A+ condition with shipping costs over $500.00 for the front one.
This company said $250.00 in A+ condition. No shipping, tax included.

These large used parts/junk yards have the advantage these days because they own so many yards in different parts of the country and they always have trucks moving parts from one yard to another so you don't have to pay shipping and they seem to offer certain stuff for very fair prices in very good condition.

But not everything is cheap. I asked them for a used steel stock wheel for a spare on my pickup truck a couple of weeks ago and got priced more than I could buy one from RockAuto.

So you never know. But it is worth asking these larger company's before paying someone else for something that may not be in A or A+ condition. Plus they stand behind what they get for you and if it isn't to your liking you don't need to buy it. Didn't require that I pre-pay or put any deposit on anything I've bought from them.

The company I've done business with here in MA is named LKQ. Don't know what it stands for but they must have 100 acres of land and a warehouse here that I don't even know how to gauge how big it is.

It's only a few miles from me and I wish I started doing business with them a long time ago. I paid Morad's some good money for stuff just because at the time he used to buy a lot of Riviera's and had the stuff available and I didn't know any better so I just bought parts from him. Not to say that Ed Morad didn't treat me right. He was the player at the time, so I bought from him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings   In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

In Need of Cradle Mount Bushings
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2