Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

QUESTION ABOUT THE WINDSHIELD WASHER PUMP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
randall729
Rookie

Name : randall r. beard
Merit : 0

QUESTION ABOUT THE WINDSHIELD WASHER PUMP  Empty
PostSubject: QUESTION ABOUT THE WINDSHIELD WASHER PUMP    QUESTION ABOUT THE WINDSHIELD WASHER PUMP  EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 7:32 pm

Haven't messed with it yet, but maybe someone may know about this. When I activate the washer switch on, I hear a click at the pump. I'm wondering if the pump can be taken apart as it may be stuck from sitting a long period, or will I need to replace this? All the hoses are fine and no air leaks. Is there a way to unjam it? The car is a 1982 with 307 engine. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

QUESTION ABOUT THE WINDSHIELD WASHER PUMP  Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUESTION ABOUT THE WINDSHIELD WASHER PUMP    QUESTION ABOUT THE WINDSHIELD WASHER PUMP  EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 11:38 am

I believe the '82 still used the old style mechanical washer pump attached to the wiper motor. There are most definitely rebuild kits available. The O-rings will dry out and crack leaving it sucking air. The click is the solenoid engaging the mechanical mechanism that lets the pump attach to the wiper motor. You've probably got either dried out o-rings in the pump or cracked hoses to the reservoir.
Back to top Go down

QUESTION ABOUT THE WINDSHIELD WASHER PUMP
Page 1 of 1