Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Windshield Washer System

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
98RivOwner

Name : 98RivOwner
Merit : 6

Windshield Washer System Empty
PostSubject: Windshield Washer System   Windshield Washer System EmptySat May 13, 2017 9:07 pm

Windshield Washer System WmjtNYdU2cmQmUbV9Dr
I noticed mine quit spraying on the windshield a few days back. Coul hear pump but no spray action. I noticed liquid stain underneath RF wheel well after I attempted an actuation in the driveway. Opened the hood and did see anything abnormal.

I assumed I had a broken hose inside fenderwell, took plastic shield off and broke several chrome trim clips in the process 😣

Everything looked good, then I remembered you coul actuate the washer function and it would spray long enough for me to get back under the hood for an inspection while it was in service.

Found a hose broken at a connection just prior to the firewall entrypoint. Hose/plastic is very brittle, will need to replace.

Are these 5/32 ID?

Anyone replaced these before?
Windshield Washer System WmjtNYdU2cmQmUbV9

https://goo.gl/photos/WmjtNYdU2cmQmUbV9
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Windshield Washer System   Windshield Washer System EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 12:48 pm

98RivOwner wrote:
Windshield Washer System WmjtNYdU2cmQmUbV9Dr
I noticed mine quit spraying on the windshield a few days back. Coul hear pump but no spray action. I noticed liquid stain underneath RF wheel well after I attempted an actuation in the driveway. Opened the hood and did see anything abnormal.

I assumed I had a broken hose inside fenderwell, took plastic shield off and broke several chrome trim clips in the process 😣

Everything looked good, then I remembered you coul actuate the washer function and it would spray long enough for me to get back under the hood for an inspection while it was in service.

Found a hose broken at a connection just prior to the firewall entrypoint. Hose/plastic is very brittle, will need to replace.

Are these 5/32 ID?

Anyone replaced these before?
Windshield Washer System WmjtNYdU2cmQmUbV9

https://goo.gl/photos/WmjtNYdU2cmQmUbV9

The cowl grille for the 1998 riv comes with washer lines and nozzles complete with the funnel-looking boot for the firewall pass-thru but gmpartsdirect.com does not show it as available any more. The diagram shows the firewall passthru and that funnel looking boot. Part is "25649744 Cowl Grille." This site shows the part available but I am not sure I believe it: https://www.oemautopartsandaccessories.com/catalog/parts/view/n/cowl-grille-25649744/v/buick-riviera-1998/vtec/182674/pid/ee9a2c70a53cc057/ They say they sell dealer stock, so they *might* actually have the things. This info should give you the starting point to use their site to find the part that is under the hood (not under the cowl, that's what I listed).

If the fittings/washer nozzles are not brittle, you can reuse them if you can get the hose off without too much fuss. If you need pointers on working with the stiff plastic hose (usually nylon) let us (me) know.
Back to top Go down
98RivOwner

Name : 98RivOwner
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Windshield Washer System   Windshield Washer System EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Thanks Albertj, I've managed to tape my old one up enough to partially function, still get leakage under the hood when I actuate the pump.

Just received notification that a 97 Riv has arrived at a PYP nearby will investigate this possibility.

Thanks again

Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windshield Washer System   Windshield Washer System Empty

Back to top Go down

Windshield Washer System
Page 1 of 1