Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals

Go down 
+46
matt270avian
llamalor2112
bigdave
charlieRobinson
ZEP
RidzRiv
NelsonBC12
abaucom
robotennis61
gmann3001
LaFlare
The Roadmaster
ghpcnm
denim
jonnyb411
Mr.Riviera
SCbuick010
Eldo
playa
GMFreak8
steve s
rivman96
BMD
R1V13RA
Sweepspear
Ship
98RIV7777
EASHER
Rickw
SuperRiv07
deekster_caddy
T Riley
albertj
96RivSCMI
KillaKeninaRiv
99Rivman
Shintsu
IBx1
palermocorey90
97rivman
Natesriv
AA
SpaceBar
97Riv-Jon
turtleman
jax95riv
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
steve s
Special

Name : Steve
Merit : 1

Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:29 pm

Yeah after reading directions and troubleshooting page, it appears as though I need to adjust them. It says when adjusting them make sure car is running so that they have the proper current, which would explain why they are going at different rates when car is off and on.
Back to top Go down
GMFreak8
Addict
GMFreak8

Name : Kyle
Merit : 15

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:48 am

Anyone know where to actually get this kit anymore? The links are all dead...
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:58 pm

Wonder what happened to that company.
They made good stuff. Maybe had to change names or something.
Anybody north of the border know what happened to them.???
They carried a Lifetime Warranty for what that's worth now.!!!!
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:05 pm

They are on ebay still
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:47 pm

They're still around, warranty is still good. New link:

http://www.foxthundercats.net/

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 9:31 pm

AA wrote:
They're still around, warranty is still good. New link:

http://www.foxthundercats.net/

BREAKING NEWS: Thundercat Electronixx is closing down! As of October 13, 2009, Thundercat Electronixx will no longer be in business. As sad as I am to make this announcement, the decision was necessary due to several factors. The recession, the high Canadian dollar, and the war eBay has waged on its sellers (which has taken all enjoyment out of running my own business) are all major contributors. The fact that I've burned through about $40k in two years while trying to ride the high Canadian dollar and recession out (not a high number for a bank or insurance company, but too high for a small business) didn't help.

So how does this affect my customers?

As of October 13, 2009 I will no longer be taking any orders for any product. If your order was placed before 1:00PM Eastern time on Oct 13, 2009 have no fear, it will be shipped (as I type this, all outstanding orders have either already been shipped or are packaged and ready to go). In addition, any current warranty issues (IE if you have written me recently and I instructed you to send your sequencer back for testing or replacement) will be taken care of. Unfortunately, since the company ceased to exist at 1:00PM Eastern time I can no longer honour any lifetime warranties. However, I will be retaining enough stock to cover future warranty issues for what we hope will be years to come. It's first come, first serve. Once the reserve stock is gone that will be it. The company is being liquidated. I am not retaining any tooling, components or materials to make any sequencers in the future. All properties of TC Electronixx, including intellectual properties, are being liquidated to appease creditors (similar to what Americans would call "Chapter 13 Bankruptcy liquidation"). What happens to any of it is up to them.

The "Tech support" links on the left side of this page will continue to work until this domain registration expires, I think mid-May 2010. The email addresses will expire the end of October 2009.

So that's it. It's been mostly a pleasure doing this for the past few years, but the end has come.

cry
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 10:22 pm

This is a sad story.
Made a good product and still couldn't stay in business.
Hope mine last's a long time.
Back to top Go down
Sweepspear
Fanatic
Sweepspear

Name : Dale
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 9:48 am

Damn, I knew I should have bought a kit back when I first learned of it.

I hope someone else brings a similar kit to market in the future.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:39 am

Ship wrote:
Anthony,
One company I've read about is www.webelectricproducts.com. The Reatta forum members have written good reviews/good customer service/ease of install about this online company.
This looks like a good alternative to the Thundercat.
Their STS-1 Universal Kit is probably the correct one for our car's and is less expensive than the Thundercat was.
These are only $69.00 with free shipping and a Lifetime warranty.
But you will have to get your own dual filament fixtures for the center bulb.
I used some OEM ones from the junk yard. They fit better than the supplied ones from Thundercat. No wire chafing issues.

Last edited by Rickw on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:04 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ship
Fanatic
Ship

Name : Dave
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:46 am

They have added to their product offerings. They now offer "two light" sequentials besides the "three light"....specific cars and universal applications.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 1:23 pm

I think I'll try the webelectronics one out. I like the sound of the automatic timing adjusting and I'm going to have to transplant to a new taillight assembly anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 1:27 pm

turtleman wrote:
I think I'll try the webelectronics one out. I like the sound of the automatic timing adjusting and I'm going to have to transplant to a new taillight assembly anyway.
What happened to your Thundercat's unit.?
Also, let us know how this company's stuff is.
Maybe some pic's of the product when you get it.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 1:36 pm

Rickw wrote:
turtleman wrote:
What happened to your Thundercat's unit.?
Also, let us know how this company's stuff is.
Maybe some pic's of the product when you get it.
Thanks.

Pics for sure!
My thundercats unit is basically in good shape still. With the impact, it took only a tiny nick to one of the two little adjustment knobs so it takes some finesse to adjust it if you need to because the screwdriver won't work. I'll take a pic of what I'm talking about later.

I'm also probably going to cut the openings to use the OEM style bulbs this time like you did. Only thing is how did you make them stay since there is no peg to keep them from backing out?
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 2:52 pm

If you duplicate the shape of the hole of the OEM ones, it will stay where you leave them. They don't need the locking tang.
There is a gasket on them that provides enough resistance, so they stay in position.
They haven't vibrated out of their hole or anything like that and it's been at least 4 month's since install. I guess you could always put a piece of good Duct Tape over them if you felt it was needed.
It's very easy to duplicate the holes also.
Just take some measurements from the hole next to it and copy it with some Dremel tools.
I started by opening the hole diameter out to 1", the max diameter of a Uni-Bit I have, then continued to open it some more with the Dremel sanding drum slowly, taking measurements along the way and keeping the hole round.
Then with a Dremel cut-off wheel i made the notches. You'll see that they are not perpendicular to the hole, so try and duplicate that angle by eye. Then I just used a de-burring tool with a sharp bit to clean it up.
A small razor knife or sharp pocket knife will work just as well. Remember the housing is plastic so all the cutting and fitting goes along very quickly.
I had removed the whole taillight assembly and put it on the bench to work on it and was done with the holes in about 10 mins.
The rest of the hour was spent soldering wires. It was an easy install and very clean job by soldering and heat shrink tubing on everything.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 6:50 pm

Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 CIMG1306

There's the old sequencer module from foxthunder cats on the left and the new ones on the right. I wouldn't say that they are quite as sophisticated looking as the older one but they will be a very nice fit in this taillight housing.

In order to use the option of sequencing only with the turn signal and not the brakes, you need to run two signal wires all the way to the switch basically so even if I preferred non-sequencing brake, it woulnd't be worth the hassel IMO.

Wiring these up is about the same as the thundercats one except the signal or (+) wire that supplys it is combined with the inside bulb whereas the thundercat module has seperate wires. The wire sequence is very easy; they made it red-white-blue (inside-middle-outside)

I'm currently working on stripping down the harness and making it as nice as possible. I cut the middle sockets with a small dremel grinding stone and file. The OEM sockets fit in tightly, like Rickw said they would. I'll take a couple pics but there's a lot of wires so it's hard to see whats going on.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 7:16 pm

Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 CIMG1308

Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 CIMG1309

There's the right sequencer installed. I drilled the hole big enough for the wires to get through and it sits in snug.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 7:28 pm

Nice work,
By the way i have the exact same sheets I use in the garage for a multitude of things. Isn't that strange.
I think i bought them when i lived in Florida.?
Back to top Go down
Ship
Fanatic
Ship

Name : Dave
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 9:41 pm

I have a kitchen table cloth that's the same!
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 10:20 pm

Ship wrote:
I have a kitchen table cloth that's the same!
That's a bed sheet, IIRC.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:21 am

New sequentials are wired and functional! I still have to tape the harness back up but I tested them and they worked without a hitch. I could see them initially self adjust to the speed of the flasher to get the flash duration pretty evened out and then worked beautifully as claimed. These are also not picky about voltage like my thundercats unit was. Pics to come
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 7:00 pm

Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 CIMG1310
Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 CIMG1311

retaped and ready to rock
Back to top Go down
playa
Fanatic
playa

Name : Mark
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Double Bubble pillow   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 7:09 pm

Where can I get a bubble gum pillow like that? BTW, my grandma had a house coat like that sheet of yours. Good times jump
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:30 pm

I got the dubble bubble pillow from my sister for Christmas one year. I really love it! Actually I think the bedsheet was also originally my sisters until I finally got a bed bigger than a twin.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 12:05 am

turn signal (faster electronic flasher)

hazards (slower stock mechanical flasher)
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 12:06 am

I just played those videos and for some reason they play a lot slower than they are supposed to so it doesn't look right scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next