Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals

Go down 
+46
matt270avian
llamalor2112
bigdave
charlieRobinson
ZEP
RidzRiv
NelsonBC12
abaucom
robotennis61
gmann3001
LaFlare
The Roadmaster
ghpcnm
denim
jonnyb411
Mr.Riviera
SCbuick010
Eldo
playa
GMFreak8
steve s
rivman96
BMD
R1V13RA
Sweepspear
Ship
98RIV7777
EASHER
Rickw
SuperRiv07
deekster_caddy
T Riley
albertj
96RivSCMI
KillaKeninaRiv
99Rivman
Shintsu
IBx1
palermocorey90
97rivman
Natesriv
AA
SpaceBar
97Riv-Jon
turtleman
jax95riv
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 1:09 pm

I put a new flasher in today and wa-la, my sequential turn signals are perfect now!

happy 
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 3:36 pm

nice....
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 6:17 pm

stan wrote:
nice....

Stan, what have you been doing with your Riv, bro?
Still 100% bone stock?
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 6:52 pm

haha...Charlie bro,been doing nothing really to it.Thinking of disconnecting the antenna,dying for a heads up display,wanna night vision,..but these are way too hard for me (not the antenna) might only do the in-mirror turn signals but still......don't know how/where to connect the damn wires...haha!Always wanted to see how this shit works in Park Aves but im too lame for these tasks....thats the situation.SORRY haha
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 12:07 am

Occasionally when I let off the brake I can hear the classic "dunk dink" of the turn signal. Usually once or twice per drive. Think it's the flasher? If so which one should I get?
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 6:53 pm

Installed the Web Electric modules yesterday, courtesy of Matt. I took a similar route Codith did a few years ago and mounted the units on the tails themselves and organized the wiring all nice. I also installed the bigger center sockets (thanks Jeff!) to make all the lights look the same.
Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 DSC06735

Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 DSC06737

Back to top Go down
jbird
Fanatic
jbird

Name : Jeff
Merit : 7

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 12:25 pm

Looks good Andrew, glad you could put those sockets to use!

Jbird
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 11:42 pm

You might want to grab a new flasher from AutoZone. I completely forgot about it, otherwise I would have pulled it off the car before it went to the junkyard. If it's still there whenever I go again I'll snag it and send it your way. My OEM flasher would sometimes flicker on startup/at random, new one fixed those issues.
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 9:41 pm

Mine has been fine, actually. The hazard flasher is a bit faster than the turn signal flasher, but it's not really an issue.

How does one figure out what flasher they need if one would want one slower than OEM? Like any, my flashers are faster when the headlights are off than when they are on and I might want it a little slower during the day time for better effect.
Back to top Go down
jbird
Fanatic
jbird

Name : Jeff
Merit : 7

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 12:06 pm

Not sure how u would be able to find a certain speed. My electronic flasher flashes at a "typical rate" and doesn't care about the load. Not sure how it and your sequentials would play together though.
ordered it thru superbrightleds.com

I would have thought the sequencer would control the rate dunno
jbird
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 6:04 pm

Mine was always slow no matter which flasher I used.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:17 pm

So do you want to change the sequencing rate (1-2-3), and there's no control to adjust it?

Or do you want to change the signal flash rate (the time between each initial flash)?

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 7:54 am

I suppose i mean the rate that the signal flashes, thus slowing down the rate between each bulb as a result.

It's not really something I have to do, but I was curious if 'slower' flashers existed.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 8:52 am

Don't they make digital flashers with adjustable rates? They're a bit pricey, but might be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 10:47 pm

Abaddon wrote:
Don't they make digital flashers with adjustable rates? They're a bit pricey, but might be worth it.

Be forewarned about the cheap, orange "Can Am" units, though...  Last year the regular flasher that I simply bent to get the right speed six years ago (geez, can it be that long?) burned out and I decided to look for an adjustable electronic one.  They sell these even cheaper now for motorcycles,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12v-2-Pin-Speed-Adjustable-LED-Flasher-Relay-Fix-Motorcycle-light-Hyper-Flash-US-/361313138422?hash=item541ff0f6f6

but they have the same terminal config as traditional American car flashers.  The minor downside is that they have no 'click', but I figured the car chime tells me if I leave a signal on for more than 3/4 of a mile...  The major disappointment is that they are advertised as going as slowly as 50 flasher/minute - but the one I got only went down to 70/minute and the sequencers could just barely adapt to it.  So if anyone wanted to try one, now that they're less than half what I paid, I'd order 2 or 3 to see if "manufacturing variations" would give one good one.  wink
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 10:47 pm

Mark,
How the heck are you doing.?????

It's been a while since I've been on the site and seen any posts from you. Hope your doing well. smile  

Regarding the sequential flashers. I installed one of the units that were made in Canada several years ago and noticed recently that the rate at which they flash is so fast that you can hardly tell that they are sequencing, if y'all know what I mean.

I know that the company that made my unit is no longer in business. I think I installed a new heavy duty flasher unit when I installed the sequencer module along with replacing the 2 center bulbs that were single filament with double filament bulbs to make the whole thing work.

If anyone has any feedback on how to slow the frequency of the bulbs flashing at this point, will be greatly appreciated.

Rick
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 8:56 pm

Rickw wrote:
Mark,
How the heck are you doing.?????

It's been a while since I've been on the site and seen any posts from you. Hope your doing well. smile  
Rick

Hiya' Rick!
Sorry I lost track of this tab in my browser so long, but I've got a couple dozen open with all the house related stuff I've been doing.  And yes, that means that 3+ friggin' years after my move from the Golden Gate to Salem, Oregon I've finally bought a house and "settled down"  lol   I can't believe how much work I've been doing to a "pristine West Salem home"...

Thank God & Rivperformance that the Rivi has been rock solid with all the moves & travelling up & down I-5.  The only "dirty trick" it has pulled on me is those stupid hard nylon fuel lines letting go on the top, rear of the engine.  I'm luckkkky that it didn't burn down cuz it seems the usual failure-point is the last bend on top of the blower, which shoots fuel right at the back of the alternator!!  afraid    Oh, and I think the original ceramic brake pads are finally wearing out after 120,000 miles - LOL

Hope you & Aaron & Deek & Turtle are all doing well,
Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals   Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Write-Up: Sequential Turn Signals
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14