Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Underseat amp installation viability

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
100percentjake
Amateur
100percentjake

Name : 100percentjake
Merit : 0

Underseat amp installation viability Empty
PostSubject: Underseat amp installation viability   Underseat amp installation viability EmptyWed May 04, 2016 9:16 am

I noticed a seeming dearth of dead space under the rear seat near where the battery goes. Would I have any serious heat issues to worry about by stuffing my 600 watt JL audio monoblock and 400 watt 4-channel Xplod under the seat so I can have a less cluttered trunk? Has anyone tried this before (search tool says 'no')?
Back to top Go down
http://fastnotloud.com
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

Underseat amp installation viability Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underseat amp installation viability   Underseat amp installation viability EmptyWed May 04, 2016 9:40 am

Mine has always been mounted in the trunk (Orion HCCA D1200 mono. The old school BOOMER). I never got brave enough to try mounting under there. There is absolutely NO airflow under the seat. I'm assuming that any amplifier would have a bad day in the middle of summer while getting pounded if it were under the rear seat.
Back to top Go down

Underseat amp installation viability
Page 1 of 1