Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

OEM, Unlocked Head Units

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

OEM, Unlocked Head Units Empty
PostSubject: OEM, Unlocked Head Units   OEM, Unlocked Head Units EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 7:25 pm

https://oemradios.com/gm_radios.php

Don't know if any of you were aware of this seller, who comes highly recommended to me, for a New OEM radio for my GM truck that is un-locked and ready for plug and play.

I also noticed if you scroll down to the bottom of the list there is a radio for the Riviera's also.

Just thought I'd post a link if someone needed one.

The one in my truck has the GM Theft-Lock feature and a non-working CD player with the Bose System installed from the factory.

Just to get the radio un-locked from the Theft-Lock feature would require me to go the dealer or use a Tech 2 to get it done.

For less than having my current head unit repaired and then programmed with a Tech 2, I can get a new one from this company for much less.

So if anyone is interested in updating or replacing your stock radio that isn't working you may want to look at these guys or contact them to see what they have that will work with your year Riv or other GM vehicle.

Rick
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: OEM, Unlocked Head Units   OEM, Unlocked Head Units EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 9:57 am

Rickw wrote:
https://oemradios.com/gm_radios.php

Don't know if any of you were aware of this seller, who comes highly recommended to me, for a New OEM radio for my GM truck that is un-locked and ready for plug and play.

I also noticed if you scroll down to the bottom of the list there is a radio for the Riviera's also.

Just thought I'd post a link if someone needed one.

The one in my truck has the GM Theft-Lock feature and a non-working CD player with the Bose System installed from the factory.

Just to get the radio un-locked from the Theft-Lock feature would require me to go the dealer or use a Tech 2 to get it done.

For less than having my current head unit repaired and then programmed with a Tech 2, I can get a new one from this company for much less.

So if anyone is interested in updating or replacing your stock radio that isn't working you may want to look at these guys or contact them to see what they have that will work with your year Riv or other GM vehicle.

Rick

IF you dig thru the old threads and AA didn't delete it you may find an old post that describes how to 'jailbreak' a Theftlock radio.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: OEM, Unlocked Head Units   OEM, Unlocked Head Units EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 12:37 pm

Thanks for the Tip Albert.
I not only would like to know how to eliminate the "Theft-Lock" feature, but my current head unit has a stuck CD in the slot.
Even though I have SiriusXM radio in this vehicle, baked into the radio, with the satellite antenna installed at the factory, and Bose sound system, I would still like to listen to some of the 100+ CD's I have accumulated over the years.
Although I must say I am enjoying the factory Satellite radio system and the 100+ stations that they gave me for a free trial period for one year. Good deal I thought, so I accepted and can cancel before billing starts in July 2020.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OEM, Unlocked Head Units   OEM, Unlocked Head Units Empty

Back to top Go down

OEM, Unlocked Head Units
Page 1 of 1