Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Flashing temp on climate control unit?

Go down 
+2
71stagegs
Jack the R
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

Flashing temp on climate control unit? Empty
PostSubject: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 11:39 pm

What does the flashing mean?
Back to top Go down
71stagegs
Enthusiast
71stagegs

Name : steve
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 11:30 pm

I have same thing happened after I changed the ac duct actuator motor but it goes out after 30 seconds
I tried disconnecting the battery no luck
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 11:46 pm

Hi Jack, I just happened to be on here replying to a message from Rick... Is this the Climate Control Head flashing for 100 seconds/100 times after startup? If so, there is a disconnected/dead component (like when I tried to deactivate the recirc-door) and possibly a code depending on the complexity of your scanner.

Smaller problems however don't seem to trigger it, like my RH blend-air motor that was wrong but not dead. It was an aftermarket with waaaaaay too much grease that was isolating the location-sensor brushes & causing that snap-snap-snap overrun - yet it never caused the flashing display.

Glad you're still going strong,
Mark
Back to top Go down
71stagegs
Enthusiast
71stagegs

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 11:51 pm

Thanks Mark so its the last motor I installed it was a delco china unit figures
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 11:53 pm

71stagegs wrote:
I have same thing happened after I changed the ac duct actuator motor but it goes out after 30 seconds
I tried disconnecting the battery no luck

Hi, I guess I didn't read thoroughly: Do you & Jack both have the 100-flash problem?
Also, looking at your current photo instead of the GS, I'm wondering if your Riv is Bordeaux Pearl with matching interior... When I bought my "Sandstone/Neutral" car 15 years ago I desperately wanted the Bordeaux, but couldn't find a single one west of the Mississippi! LOL
Back to top Go down
71stagegs
Enthusiast
71stagegs

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 7:45 pm

Mark it is "Medium Neutral" interior I never counted how many flashes it is but it started when I replaced the actuator motor pass side up top very easy install hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 11:21 pm

Well, the passenger side has the passenger blend-air temp-door as well as the recirculate-door up high in back. If it's flashing - and you really should count/time it - then I would think that the "flat-pack" motor in question was not working at all... Thus, if it was the blend-air door motor, the passenger vents wouldn't change temperature.

As far as replacements, I've found the best deals on eBay. The aftermarket has fixed the GM error of the metal/plastic gear that always split, and as I said, the only problem with my last motor (which cost me less than $20) was that they had plopped so much grease on the gears that it was insulating the electrical flow in the brushes for the location sensor.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 11:51 pm

I counted 49-50, with a pause at 30.

Eldo wrote:
, the only problem with my last motor (which cost me less than $20) was that they had plopped so much grease on the gears that it was insulating the electrical flow in the brushes for the location sensor.

SMH how can they keep screwing that up?
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 12:46 am

Well, 50 + 30 is in the range... LOL
SMH??
Mark
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 1:28 pm

No, I mean a total of 50. Flashed 30 times, paused, flashed 20 more times.

I'll read the codes in a bit and see what comes up.
Back to top Go down
DeepFrozen
Fanatic

Name : Dmitry
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 2:55 am

Jack the R wrote:
No, I mean a total of 50.  Flashed 30 times, paused, flashed 20 more times.  
Mine acts exactly the same - 30, pause, more 20.
And sometimes I hear that notorious farting sound that our actuators make.

Quote :
I'll read the codes in a bit and see what comes up.
Please, do! And let us know if anything interesting came up.

Last edited by DeepFrozen on Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 11:33 am

...just replace the actuators already he he!
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 8:19 pm

I'll be interested if any codes show up as well, Jack.
(Also, do you mean you've had the grease-on-the-position-sensor problem too?)
Back to top Go down
DeepFrozen
Fanatic

Name : Dmitry
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 12:41 am

albertj wrote:
...just replace the actuators already he he!
Yeah, but which one(s)? smile
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 1:56 am

No codes on the Creader VI. The modules that shift the airflow from the floor>mid>windshield work.

It's unlikely this could be connected, but I don't remember seeing the flash before I changed fuel pumps.
Back to top Go down
71stagegs
Enthusiast
71stagegs

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 5:41 pm

I counted my flashing lights 30 pause 20 its got to be the last actuator I installed ill try to unplug it and put it back
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 7:46 pm

Yeah, 30 pause 20 is definitely a thing, but is it a different code than 100 flashes?

Which actuator did you do last?

Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 1:16 am

This is interesting - kinda' like how the Mist function always gives 2 wipes when U need 1, and 1 when U need two!

The only climate control error I've ever had has been when I tried to disable the Recirculate motor (like I used to simply plug off the vacuum line in the Caddies) and it definitely was 100 flashes that matched the FSM...
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 7:58 am

Eldo wrote:
This is interesting - kinda' like how the Mist function always gives 2 wipes when U need 1, and 1 when U need two!

The only climate control error I've ever had has been when I tried to disable the Recirculate motor (like I used to simply plug off the vacuum line in the Caddies) and it definitely was 100 flashes that matched the FSM...

Just curious, why would you disable the Recirculate function?
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 9:08 pm

albertj wrote:
Just curious, why would you disable the Recirculate function?
Because even after they added a manual Resirc button, the automatic system still decides when the door opens & closes... and if you're smoking on a hot day, you want the cabin pressurized to blow the smoke out a window that's only open an inch.
[Now who says I worry too much about minutiae?]
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 9:46 am

Just an FYI, you might already know that the Riv evacuates air from the cabin primarily at the lower outer edges of the rear seatback, From there through the trunk and out the one-way vents behind the left and right of the rear bumper fairings, not far from the rear side markers. Smoke out the window crack sounds way more effective.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 2:56 pm

Yeah, and in the Eldorado I just cracked the sunroof on the freeway - that worked the best. HOWEVER, you just made another point: even with windows up, defeating the resirc will positively push air thru the "flow-through ventilation" system...
Back to top Go down
71stagegs
Enthusiast
71stagegs

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptySun Feb 16, 2020 4:22 pm

Took my car apart today motor not working r they 12v or is it a step down volts unplugged it from motor still got blinking code brand new delco
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 9:17 am

Steve you need a tech2 super whammer jammer lmao scan tool to see the climate control fault code. Know anyone with one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
71stagegs
Enthusiast
71stagegs

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 4:16 pm

yes my friend has one he helped me on my park ave for same problem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flashing temp on climate control unit?   Flashing temp on climate control unit? Empty

Back to top Go down

Flashing temp on climate control unit?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next