Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Help 1995 Riveria Transmission issue

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carolr
Special

Name : Carol
Merit : 0

Help 1995 Riveria Transmission issue Empty
PostSubject: Help 1995 Riveria Transmission issue   Help 1995 Riveria Transmission issue EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 10:38 am

I have a 1995 Riveria, 3800 Engine, NOT Super Charged.  A couple days ago out of the blue, I put it in drive, the rpms went up, it would barely move, and then it shifted and was fine.  Everytime I would take off from a stop it would do this.  I checked fluid and it was a little dirty but fine.  Then it started acting the same way in reverse.  After looking further, there was a wire that goes from transmission to under the cover where you put oil.  Plugged it back in and the car started idling smoother but when I put it into any gear, nothing happens.  There is no shifting at all.  What could be the main problem?  I don't have a lot of money to put into car repairs.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

Help 1995 Riveria Transmission issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help 1995 Riveria Transmission issue   Help 1995 Riveria Transmission issue EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 12:22 am

How many miles are on it?
Back to top Go down

Help 1995 Riveria Transmission issue
Page 1 of 1