Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Electrical Problems help for meranne240

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
98riv

Merit : 30

Electrical Problems help for meranne240 Empty
PostSubject: Electrical Problems help for meranne240   Electrical Problems help for meranne240 EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 8:48 pm

I received this in an email from meranne240 and I thought I would post it here so that everyone could help answer.

Quote :
I have a 97 riviera super charger. I have a multitude of electrical problems and
was wondering if there are any ways to find the culprit. My drivers side door
passenger window button doesn't work. The abs light, traction control, and
service engine light stay on. The temp. control LED won't brighten unless you
tap it. And the biggest problem is on occasion it will not start and it takes
about 5 minutes and then its fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank
you.

Merit : 30

PostSubject: Re: Electrical Problems help for meranne240   Electrical Problems help for meranne240 EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 8:56 pm

A common problem is the window switches go bad. You will probably have to replace the switch. Contact gtmorad because he usually has replacement parts for a good price. Can you roll down the passenger window from the drivers switch? The problem with the starting might be the VATS system. It is part of the security system that uses a chip in the key to make sure it is the correct key for the car. You can bypass it, but it is hard to get to the right wires. I am not sure about your other problems, but I am sure others will chime in.

Aficionado
SpaceBar

Name : Patrick
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Electrical Problems help for meranne240   Electrical Problems help for meranne240 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 6:15 pm

Is the security light on when you try and start the car? If it flashes and then stays on that is it.

My window switch went bad too had to replace it. Cost about $70 from the dealer I believe.

Have you tried to scan for the codes on the SES light? If you don't have a scanner go to autozone or a auto parts store they should have a scanner and scan for free for you and tell you the problems causing the codes.
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/xspacebarx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electrical Problems help for meranne240   Electrical Problems help for meranne240 Empty

Back to top Go down

Electrical Problems help for meranne240
Page 1 of 1