Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Hmm, capped vac nipple on fitting for brake vac hose

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

Hmm, capped vac nipple on fitting for brake vac hose Empty
PostSubject: Hmm, capped vac nipple on fitting for brake vac hose   Hmm, capped vac nipple on fitting for brake vac hose EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 11:15 am

The vacuum fitting with 3 nipples on my 98, on the top of the SC, only has 2 nipples in use. One for the brake booster, a smaller one to the front side of the engine, and a 3rd one in the middle that points to the passenger side of the engine bay. The middle nipple is capped off on my car. Sound correct? The guy that loaded my BIN last night was puzzled by this, as his GP GT has a small line, going to what I think he called a fuel something-or-other resistor on the firewall. Is this vac nipple supposed to be capped off on a 98 Riv? I didn't have a chance to peruse my manuals last night to check into this, but will have a look tonight. Thought someone here might be able to look at theirs and compare? scratch He's also very puzzled at my KR levels, and how quiet my car runs, with a 3" DP and cat. He just put stock manifolds back on his GP, and he's a LOT louder than me. I would assume it's because he has no cat, and our exhaust behind the cat is quieter also.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, capped vac nipple on fitting for brake vac hose   Hmm, capped vac nipple on fitting for brake vac hose EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 11:19 am

I think mine was the same, but I'd have to check. I'll try to get a picture soon. I'm puzzled by your KR levels as well, but not by how quiet the car is. Mine is quiet as a mouse until I get on it, but it still stays silent inside. Our exhaust is tuned differently, and there's more sound deadening material in the Riv, imo.

This is why I'm so stubborn to change the exhaust. I think they got it just about right from the factory without being too restrictive.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, capped vac nipple on fitting for brake vac hose   Hmm, capped vac nipple on fitting for brake vac hose EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 12:02 pm

I agree, can't say I liked his louder exhaust note when he drove the GP away. Not irritating, just much louder. He's got a turbo setup ready to go on, other than needing some brackets fabbed up. Should be fun to see at the strip.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, capped vac nipple on fitting for brake vac hose   Hmm, capped vac nipple on fitting for brake vac hose EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 1:43 pm

Couldn't find a diagram in the manuals that showed hoses on the nipples, looked for about 10 min.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, capped vac nipple on fitting for brake vac hose   Hmm, capped vac nipple on fitting for brake vac hose EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 4:03 pm

mine is the same way, capped off.

Hmm, capped vac nipple on fitting for brake vac hose Dscn0410

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, capped vac nipple on fitting for brake vac hose   Hmm, capped vac nipple on fitting for brake vac hose Empty

Back to top Go down

Hmm, capped vac nipple on fitting for brake vac hose
Page 1 of 1