Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

adding w body dog bone(s)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

adding w body dog bone(s) Empty
PostSubject: adding w body dog bone(s)   adding w body dog bone(s) EmptyFri Dec 28, 2007 6:23 pm

I'm quite curious, has anyone tried adding a front dog bone mount to a riv or similar car. It looks like the engine portion is just a bolt on bracket to the head. The rear of engine one looks simpler to do from the engine standpoint. There's no messing with the ICM placement like on the front of the engine. But is it possible to add that mount or mounts at the front of the car? Even if we could just add the one at the rear of the engine, I suspect that could really help especially if you are like most of us who have mounts that get weaker and an engine thats getting stronger every day.

I haven't taken off that flat metal piece above the radiator so I don't even know how strong it is there. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: adding w body dog bone(s)   adding w body dog bone(s) EmptyFri Dec 28, 2007 7:57 pm

its not strong at all. in fact that metal piece is almost the only thing holding the upper front together lol
dog bones probably wouldnt make much of a difference IMO. but poly mounts would do the trick if you can find/make them wink

Back to top Go down
BillBoost37
Junkie

Merit : 26

PostSubject: Re: adding w body dog bone(s)   adding w body dog bone(s) EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 2:38 pm

I've looked over some N* caddy very well as some others. The front rad support is about as strong as the B'ville/Riv. If you used some braces like the W bodies.. then dogbones should work good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: adding w body dog bone(s)   adding w body dog bone(s) Empty

Back to top Go down

adding w body dog bone(s)
Page 1 of 1