Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Temperature reading problems

Go down 
+11
BMD
Snowdog
KillaKeninaRiv
Buillac
99Rivman
Shintsu
sepina
1998 Riv
blackbart95
palermocorey90
Blower Riv
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

Temperature reading problems - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temperature reading problems   Temperature reading problems - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 12:24 pm

You could have a problem wire in the wiring bundle to the passenger door that is intermittent.
When the weather cooperates I would remove the door panel and grab various groups of wires and move them around while watching the display screen for the HVAC and see if you can narrow it down.
The common area's for chafed or broken wires in the door harness is where the window goes up and down and might be in contact with some wires. And, also where the complete harness goes through the boot between the door and chassis (A Pillar area).
This harness is being flexed every time the door is opened and closed.
And lastly if you haven't found it by moving wiring around then I would disconnect the connectors to all things in the door that are related to the HVAC and inspect the electrical pins and sockets closely for any damage, bent pins, corroded pins and sockets, etc.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Temperature reading problems   Temperature reading problems - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 12:39 pm

BMD wrote:
Could it be a sensor?
It could be a lot of things including a sensor. But given the fact that the problem didn't surface until you pulled the passenger door panel, I would continue to look in that area for the problem. If after checking everything possible in the door, then you can check dashboard sensors. Would have to look in the FSM for specifics on those. It would be hugely coincidental if you had a sensor go bad at the same time as removing the door panel.
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: Temperature reading problems   Temperature reading problems - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Thank you very much for your information Rick. Since I was going to pull the door panel today, I went ahead and did it anyway because I too would like to know exactly what the problem was. I moved the groupings of wires around but I wasn't able to reproduce the flashing in the HVAC display. I looked for chaffing and inspected connectors, but didn't see any damage or corrosion. I sprayed the connections with electrical spray just in case. If this is intermittent I will have to re-visit the cause if and when the flashing re-occurs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temperature reading problems   Temperature reading problems - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Temperature reading problems
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2