Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!!

Go down 
+3
Buapo
SuperRiv07
Pudgee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pudgee
Special

Merit : 0

Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!! Empty
PostSubject: Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!!   Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!! EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 1:35 am

I'm Pudgee from Chicago, 59....always wanted the last body style Riv since they came out in '95. I bought a clean '95 SC 88K miles for $1250...that has some engine issues....mebe a bad main bearing for starters and a bad SC. Ugh! So, I was looking around the web to see how difficult it would be to swap a Series II for the Series I ...I have. ...or to just change the bearings and swap the SC for a rebuilt.

Thoughts???

Thanks ...I'm glad I found this group! happy
Back to top Go down
SuperRiv07
Addict
SuperRiv07

Name : Nick
Location : Brookfield, And If everything goes right A Nice big house in Bolingbrook with a big GARAGE

PostSubject: Re: Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!!   Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!! EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 1:36 am

welcome and good luck on what you need to do
Back to top Go down
http://www.Chitownracing.com
Pudgee
Special

PostSubject: Re: Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!!   Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!! EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 1:39 am

Thanks! for the quick reply!!! ...had I realized the '95 were ain-between year, I would have sought out a '96+. We'll make this work!
Back to top Go down
SuperRiv07
Addict
SuperRiv07

Name : Nick
Location : Brookfield, And If everything goes right A Nice big house in Bolingbrook with a big GARAGE

PostSubject: Re: Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!!   Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!! EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 1:39 am

hey its a riv thats all that matters
Back to top Go down
http://www.Chitownracing.com
Buapo
Addict
Buapo

Name : Ben
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!!   Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!! EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 11:26 am

Perhaps you should have spent a little more money on a car that was ready to go?

If you're only willing to spend under 1500 for a car, I think common sense would say that you better be willing to shell out another grand at LEAST for repairs.

The swap would most likely cost a fortune, so your best bet is to either sell this one and get another, or just have the repairs done. Those are the only economical choices.

Good luck!

Last edited by Buapo on Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
GM Head
Rookie

Name : Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!!   Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!! EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 3:42 pm

You can swap an L67 for $2K easily.
Back to top Go down
baynes72
Amateur

Name : chris

PostSubject: Re: Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!!   Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!! EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 3:58 pm

ive been getting engines at archies in portage indiana for 600.00 complete (no supercharger) phone # 219 762 6581 i also just bought a remaned blower from e bay for 220.00 from bcmb also called abc supercharger out of ohio 95 s arnt bad at all as far as swapping goes check out all the articles on here on diagnosis of noises. the people on here are first rate and with a bunch of minds on a problem you can be sure it will get fixed...also i know archies has a 96 right now t boned in the drivers side hard
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!!   Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!! EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 4:07 pm

Welcome! Good luck getting her fixed up, it's a big undertaking to swap to a Series II but worth it if you are interested in going faster... The '95 S/C is no slouch either, though. Enjoy whatever you decide!
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 90

PostSubject: Re: Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!!   Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 5:41 pm

Welcome to the Forum thumbsup

deekster_caddy wrote:
Good luck getting her fixed up
agree
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!!   Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi...ALWAYS wanted a Riv!!!
Page 1 of 1