Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Where is the A/C drain located?

Go down 
+3
BillBoost37
manofmany
jdbell2004
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jdbell2004
Amateur
jdbell2004

Merit : 0

A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? Empty
PostSubject: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 7:15 pm

I cannot find it. There is water all over on the passenger side carpet. I don't see any pipes running through the firewall at all. Any ides where this thing is?
Back to top Go down
manofmany
Addict

Name : manofmany
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 10:49 pm

jdbell2004 wrote:
I cannot find it. There is water all over on the passenger side carpet. I don't see any pipes running through the firewall at all. Any ides where this thing is?

I'll try to get a peak tomorrow, but its most likely behind the kick panel on the right.
Back to top Go down
BillBoost37
Junkie

Merit : 26

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 8:59 am

You should be able to locate a hole from under the car to poke and get it draining.

Anyone ...where under the car do you see the drips?
Back to top Go down
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

Name : Mark
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:05 am

Is this the thing that goes into the AC drain?

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/care-maintenance-f8/what-the-hell-is-this-rubber-dolphin-head-for-t3623.htm

I still have no idea where this thing goes...
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
jdbell2004
Amateur
jdbell2004

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 11:00 am

Chicken, this look familiar?

A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? P1050311

I'll get you a pic of where it goes too. If you jack the car up, just behind the engine on the firewall you will see a half inch of hose sticking out of the firewall that the flange end of this piece fits over, beak facing down. Mine's pretty dirty so I assume that is why its leaking back into the car...
Back to top Go down
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 11:37 am

HAHA Holy Crap!! What the hell is in there????

Pics would be great! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
jdbell2004
Amateur
jdbell2004

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 11:47 am

A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? P1050312

This is all the water that drained out when I stuck a qtip up into the hose in the firewall. Wasn't expecting it, got very wet.

A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? P1050313
Back to top Go down
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 2:08 pm

Thanks for the pic.....so it just presses on? no retainer? no clamp?
Back to top Go down
jdbell2004
Amateur
jdbell2004

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 4:57 pm

Roger that, seems unsecure but thats how it was when i pulled it off.
Back to top Go down
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 5:50 pm

huh...

I wonder if my gauge install in the vent caused back pressure and blew this thing off....
Back to top Go down
96RIVMANN
Fanatic
96RIVMANN

Name : Paul
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:27 pm

You don't even need that rubber thing I would just pitch it. jdbell2004, I knew that was your problem. Good thing you got it fixed now pull that passenger seat and peel up the carpet and let it dry out!
Back to top Go down
Rivlanta
Rivlanta

Name : Craig
Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 3:28 pm

Hey all.

I am really missing seeing all the photographs, etc. since the Photo-posting debacle. Even my own posts seem to have lost their value.

Oh well...here's my request for help.

I am 99% certain that my Evaporator Drain Hose needs to be unplugged. I am getting some moisture inside on the Passenger side, and no condensation draining underneath when I run the AC.

I cannot find this crazy drain hose! I've read all the posts (less pics now), but still can't locate it. Here's what I know:

- It's on the Passenger side outside firewall.
- You can't really see or access it from beneath the hood.
- It must be accessed from beneath the vehicle.
- It has a "duck-bill" termination on the end.
- I've looked through my Service Manuals and they are of no help.

Can anyone please post (or send me a photo) of how I can see/get to this hose? I need to get it unplugged ASAP.

Thanks so much!
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 11:10 am

Rivlanta wrote:
Hey all.

I am really missing seeing all the photographs, etc. since the Photo-posting debacle. Even my own posts seem to have lost their value.

Oh well...here's my request for help.

I am 99% certain that my Evaporator Drain Hose needs to be unplugged. I am getting some moisture inside on the Passenger side, and no condensation draining underneath when I run the AC.

I cannot find this crazy drain hose! I've read all the posts (less pics now), but still can't locate it. Here's what I know:

- It's on the Passenger side outside firewall.
- You can't really see or access it from beneath the hood.
- It must be accessed from beneath the vehicle.
- It has a "duck-bill" termination on the end.
- I've looked through my Service Manuals and they are of no help.

Can anyone please post (or send me a photo) of how I can see/get to this hose? I need to get it unplugged ASAP.

Thanks so much!

Very quickly: The hose is conspicuous, if it is there, when you put the car on a lift or ramps and look under it on the lower right quadrant (lower part of passenger side of) the firewall. It looks a bit weird, you can't un-see it once you have seen it. It is rubber, sticks out horizontally about an inch tehn straight down.

It is literally stuck on the firewall with an "O" shaped piece of 3M trim tape. When you get a new one, you peel the backing off and stick it on over the hole.

So if the hose is missing you will see a round hole about 1.25 - 1.5 CM in diameter, in the firewall, the kind of thing you look at and say "how did that plug fall out?" Yeah it looks like a nondescript hole.

You **NEED** the hose on for the drain to work right in most climates.

For some reason it's not on the Riviera diagrams for the '98. For the Park Ave it is. Might want to ask a dealer if one is in the dealer network or in Vintage parts. They are discontinued but the PN for the Park Ave one I think is 25723079. The other thing - GM switched to a hose with a molded in nipple that snugs into the hole in the firewall, on many early 2000s US built models. A knowledgeable parts guy may be able to match up one for you that will fit the hole in the Riv firewall; if so would you post the P/N?

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Rivlanta
Rivlanta

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 2:52 pm

Thanks, Albert.

I am going out now to see what I can find.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 10:22 pm

Rivlanta wrote:
Thanks, Albert.

I am going out now to see what I can find.

..and you found?!?
Back to top Go down
Rivlanta
Rivlanta

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 5:50 pm

Well, I did successfully locate the hose. It is old, but still functioning (draining water). I will continue looking for the cause of damp passenger side carpet.

Now, while driving home today, I have another problem that I need to research. Speedometer is erratic (sometimes at 0) and the transmission was slipping quite badly.

Always something with these old beauties. I am still trying to sell her, but now may end up donating her to a good charity. Depends on what I find with the transmission.

Thanks for your help Albert. I would not have found the hose without your guidance.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 10:45 pm

Rivlanta wrote:
Well, I did successfully locate the hose. It is old, but still functioning (draining water). I will continue looking for the cause of damp passenger side carpet.

Now, while driving home today, I have another problem that I need to research. Speedometer is erratic (sometimes at 0) and the transmission was slipping quite badly.

Always something with these old beauties. I am still trying to sell her, but now may end up donating her to a good charity. Depends on what I find with the transmission.

Thanks for your help Albert. I would not have found the hose without your guidance.

About the water, if your Riv has a sunroof, check the drains. You *may* have to pull the A-pillar trim to do this. I remember *years* ago a list member wrote about a water-on-the-floor problem and it turned out that for some reason the drain hose had come disconnected or some such. I could be wrong, though, and I am not sure how that'd happen, anyway. There's another couple-three reasons as well.

Transmission slipping, first thing to check is the level and color of the fluid, I think.

Speedo erratic, I'd have to look that up. Do you have the factory manual?
Back to top Go down
Rivlanta
Rivlanta

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 4:09 am

Okay...will check sunroof drains.

I am going to check for any codes, but what I have researched on the speedo/transmission problem is that it is likely the transmission speed sensor. It is located on the passenger side output of the transmission and costs around $45. Looks like it's fairly accessible with the front pass tire removed. I will let y'all know how the replacement goes.
Back to top Go down
Rivlanta
Rivlanta

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? EmptySun Feb 25, 2018 6:06 am

Sunroof drains are working fine. So further exploration needed.

Speedo/Transmission was indeed a problem with the transmission speed sensor. The connector had come out of the sensor itself. Reconnected and all seems to be working again. However, 1st to 2nd seems a little more harsh, but I want to give the computer time to re-calibrate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is the A/C drain located?   A C drain tube - Where is the A/C drain located? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where is the A/C drain located?
Page 1 of 1