Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

HUD display in Riviera?

Go down 
+20
sburch23
97rivsc
curious riv
Rickw
SuperRiv07
SToP
Buickman104
deekster_caddy
Mr.Riviera
1998 Riv
BillBoost37
stan
BoattailBob
Supercharged
Chicken
IBx1
albertj
oldsman105
Andysdorm
KillaKeninaRiv
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SToP
Enthusiast

Name : Rob
Merit : 2

HUD display in Riviera? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUD display in Riviera?   HUD display in Riviera? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 10:23 pm

Post the pic, I'd like to see it!

Do you have a link to the ZZP HUD? I can't find it...
Back to top Go down
SToP
Enthusiast

Name : Rob
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: HUD display in Riviera?   HUD display in Riviera? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 11:00 pm

Just for reference - I had half a look under the dash while I was installing the stereo. Doesn't look like there's much room in there for a HUD. I had thought about cutting a hole in the upper dash ad and reupholstering it but the HUD needs a fair amount of space. This one has moved lower on my priority list but if anyone else wants to try it, I would be happy to help track down wiring diagrams.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: HUD display in Riviera?   HUD display in Riviera? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:24 pm

Just for the fun of it, I started looking a little more into this. Our best bet would be to find a 91-94 Cutlass Supreme because they had a flat dash.

Check here for more info:

http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/interior/481291-flat-dash-owners-hud.html
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

PostSubject: Re: HUD display in Riviera?   HUD display in Riviera? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 8:14 pm

I really do like the HUDs. I think about this from time to time and wish our dash was a little more open to make this easier. If I had a spare dash pad you could bet I would have started this project...
Back to top Go down
gojo83

Name : Greg
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: HUD display in Riviera?   HUD display in Riviera? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 1:38 pm

was this ever completed or just people talking in theory? drove my brother's PA with hud and it has got me thinking since there is a ssei with a hud in the local yard.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: HUD display in Riviera?   HUD display in Riviera? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 3:00 pm

gojo83 wrote:
was this ever completed or just people talking in theory? drove my brother's PA with hud and it has got me thinking since there is a ssei with a hud in the local yard.

All talk.

To wire in one from an SSEI, you'd need the HUD, the HUD switch, The IPC, the Multi-function Switch, and also the PCM. Let's not forget about wiring it into the fuse block.

Don't waste your thoughts or time. You'd be better off finding an aftermarket stand-alone HUD system and wiring it in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HUD display in Riviera?   HUD display in Riviera? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

HUD display in Riviera?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3