Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

1995 Supercharged in Akron

Go down 
+6
Supercharged
stan
99Rivman
JimmyRiviera
10 posters
AuthorMessage
JimmyRiviera
Rookie

Merit : 0

1995 Supercharged in Akron Empty
PostSubject: 1995 Supercharged in Akron   1995 Supercharged in Akron EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 1:43 pm

Hello to Members,

I'm new to this board. I own a very nice supercharged 1995 Riv. Beautiful car, champagne in color, all the goodies inside including what I think to be a rare factory CD player, black fake convertible top (in the summer I always get asked why I don't put the top down). Runs very well, though I must be honest and say I haven't taken as good care of the car as I should have up to now. But that will change as a result of a number of things including joining this forum.

The funny thing about a Riviera that is mentioned in the Welcome page for new members is that the car gives you everything that makes sense without the presence of complex things that are not needed. And when this car is running at its best, LOOK OUT! I'm sure most of you with a supercharged Riv know exactly what I'm talking about.

It's very hard to find a car today that performs like the supercharged Riv and gives you are the comfort and ride. The sticker for my Riv in 1995 was 34k and change. Pretty hefty price tag for the time. I've recently thought about selling the Riv to buy a brand new car. But the thought of giving everything I have up and driving something that is not as nice or perform as well seems to be more difficult the more thought I give the idea.

Anyway, I wanted to say hello to everyone and hope that you guys/gals can persuade me to keep my Riv and do whatever needs to be done to bring her back to the monster ride she really is.

JimmyRiviera
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Supercharged in Akron   1995 Supercharged in Akron EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 1:51 pm

Welcome to the Forum thumbsup
Post some pics in the Showroom when you gat a chance rock
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
JimmyRiviera
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Supercharged in Akron   1995 Supercharged in Akron EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 2:04 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

I know I have some pics somewhere, but not sure where they are on the puter. Big harddrive = stuff scattered all over the place. And I will hardly be taking any pics at the moment seeing we have a ton of snow here (worst winter in several years). Wait, I have an idea! I'll go to Florida to take some new pics. Yeah, that gives me a great excuse for blowing this popstand!
Back to top Go down
1995 Riv
Enthusiast

Name : Don
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Supercharged in Akron   1995 Supercharged in Akron EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 2:08 pm

Welcome hope you have fun on here.
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Supercharged in Akron   1995 Supercharged in Akron EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 2:50 pm

Hello and welcome!

Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Supercharged in Akron   1995 Supercharged in Akron EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 3:11 pm

Hi JimmyRiviera welcome
Back to top Go down
Supercharged
Addict
Supercharged

Name : Blake

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Supercharged in Akron   1995 Supercharged in Akron EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 3:20 pm

JimmyRiviera wrote:
Hello to Members,

I'm new to this board. I own a very nice supercharged 1995 Riv. Beautiful car, champagne in color, all the goodies inside including what I think to be a rare factory CD player, black fake convertible top (in the summer I always get asked why I don't put the top down). Runs very well, though I must be honest and say I haven't taken as good care of the car as I should have up to now. But that will change as a result of a number of things including joining this forum.

The funny thing about a Riviera that is mentioned in the Welcome page for new members is that the car gives you everything that makes sense without the presence of complex things that are not needed. And when this car is running at its best, LOOK OUT! I'm sure most of you with a supercharged Riv know exactly what I'm talking about.

It's very hard to find a car today that performs like the supercharged Riv and gives you are the comfort and ride. The sticker for my Riv in 1995 was 34k and change. Pretty hefty price tag for the time. I've recently thought about selling the Riv to buy a brand new car. But the thought of giving everything I have up and driving something that is not as nice or perform as well seems to be more difficult the more thought I give the idea.

Anyway, I wanted to say hello to everyone and hope that you guys/gals can persuade me to keep my Riv and do whatever needs to be done to bring her back to the monster ride she really is.

JimmyRiviera

well, if this is any help...i live in akron also, me and brothers all have the supercharged series II, but they got regals...i got the 97 riv, maybe we can meet up in the future at a pontiac/buick meet....that is if you like in akron, ohio*
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Supercharged in Akron   1995 Supercharged in Akron EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 6:40 pm

Welcome! You can do it! Make it last!
Back to top Go down
curious riv
Addict
curious riv

Name : Chris
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Supercharged in Akron   1995 Supercharged in Akron EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 2:41 pm

welcome!
Back to top Go down
dscott2000
Enthusiast
dscott2000

Name : Scott

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Supercharged in Akron   1995 Supercharged in Akron EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 6:40 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3061543
JimmyRiviera
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Supercharged in Akron   1995 Supercharged in Akron EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Hey, thanks everybody for the welcome.

Supercharged: Yeah, I live in the Akron area and have plenty of snow, as do you bro, to prove it. Let me know if you guys get together some time.

I'm going to do a brake job, including replace the rotors, on the rears of my Riv later today. Can anyone point me to a website that has pics and instructions on how to perform this task? I found a website once in the past that had pics and instructions, but now I'm unable to locate it again.

I'm told it's a pretty easy job if one has the tools. I have a special tool passed to me by a friend who owned a Riv a couple years ago. It's a socket that's been ground away so it has little tits on it for a special bolt of some kind. Anyway, I'm going to give it a try after work today. Gotta do the front brakes including new rotors this coming weekend.

My ABS and Tracsion light is on. I read in one of the forums on here this problems is related to some sort of pump that has gone bad. Gotta get more info on that one.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Supercharged in Akron   1995 Supercharged in Akron EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 4:20 pm

ABS/Trac light could be the main ABS pump as you mention, but more likely is a wheel speed sensor, which means a wheel bearing replacement is in your future. The hard part is finding out which wheel bearing you need to replace!
Back to top Go down
Supercharged
Addict
Supercharged

Name : Blake

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Supercharged in Akron   1995 Supercharged in Akron EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 7:57 pm

JimmyRiviera wrote:
Hey, thanks everybody for the welcome.

Supercharged: Yeah, I live in the Akron area and have plenty of snow, as do you bro, to prove it. Let me know if you guys get together some time.

I'm going to do a brake job, including replace the rotors, on the rears of my Riv later today. Can anyone point me to a website that has pics and instructions on how to perform this task? I found a website once in the past that had pics and instructions, but now I'm unable to locate it again.

I'm told it's a pretty easy job if one has the tools. I have a special tool passed to me by a friend who owned a Riv a couple years ago. It's a socket that's been ground away so it has little tits on it for a special bolt of some kind. Anyway, I'm going to give it a try after work today. Gotta do the front brakes including new rotors this coming weekend.

My ABS and Tracsion light is on. I read in one of the forums on here this problems is related to some sort of pump that has gone bad. Gotta get more info on that one.

Thanks again.

if you wanna meet up sometime and go cruise or we could meet up while your working on the riv ? just throwin some ideas out there, you could check out my intake and see where you hook up the boost gauge unless of course you already know cheers hit me up sometime with a PM
Back to top Go down
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Supercharged in Akron   1995 Supercharged in Akron EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 11:49 pm

Hi JimmyRiviera welcome from jimmyriv!
I used the Jimmy Riviera name when I sang karaoke.
You're in good company here at the forum. There is tons
of info for just about all your problems we experience with
these timeless styled cruisers.... cheers
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1995 Supercharged in Akron   1995 Supercharged in Akron Empty

Back to top Go down

1995 Supercharged in Akron
Page 1 of 1