Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Radiator to H2o pump

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
robertwolf86
Fanatic
robertwolf86

Name : robert
Merit : 0

Radiator to H2o pump Empty
PostSubject: Radiator to H2o pump   Radiator to H2o pump EmptyMon Mar 26, 2007 10:50 pm

i help my buddy out at his radiator shop, and 75% of the time after puting in a radiator the water pump go's. i just put a radiator in my car last week and it wasnt to bad. then two days later my water pump went.

the water pump was a pain in the ass. you have to take the power stearing off to get to 1 bolt on the water pump and the motor mount. then you have to take the motor mount off and a ideler pully to get to 1 other bolt on the water pump.

i got everything done and almost put back together, and come to find out i put the serp belt on the wrong side of the one pully i had to take off. it was five and time to close up the shop and it started to rain. i got everything closed up and pushed in the shop to close. ther owner my buddy siad we could come back over later b/c he had to work on a ford ranger he was puting a water pump in on that.

so i meet up with him over at the shop at a/b 9pm and started working on taking everything back apart 2 switch the belt to the other side of the pully and was done at 2;30am. a pain in the ass but done.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Radiator to H2o pump   Radiator to H2o pump EmptyMon Mar 26, 2007 10:55 pm

damn daht sucks 2 much ass
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Radiator to H2o pump   Radiator to H2o pump EmptyMon Mar 26, 2007 11:20 pm

i know what you mean, i replaced mine a few months ago. trust me its not the most dificult WP to change but it does take time and patience to move all the crap out of the way. did you replace any pullies while the mount and belts were apart?
makes a nice sound the first time it runs evil

Back to top Go down
robertwolf86
Fanatic
robertwolf86

PostSubject: Re: Radiator to H2o pump   Radiator to H2o pump EmptyMon Mar 26, 2007 11:52 pm

no i just wanted to get the water pump and everything back in. when i took off the motor mount off it would not come all the way off from the engine side the bracket would hit the fender wall? so im not sure why.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Radiator to H2o pump   Radiator to H2o pump EmptyMon Mar 26, 2007 11:55 pm

you have to lower the engine to remove the bolt and stud. see the FAQ for replacing WP or belts/pulleys

Back to top Go down
urbsnspices
Fanatic
urbsnspices

Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Radiator to H2o pump   Radiator to H2o pump EmptyTue Mar 27, 2007 7:39 am

The bolt behind the powersteering pulley is not too bad. The PS pump is held on by two bolts. The other bolt that hits the fender is pain in the ass. For my engine install I am planning to make this a stud and nut. If there is clearance, I think you should be able to remove the nut with out dropping the engine 5 inches.

Look at it this way, once you take off the side mount a few times, it gets pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
robertwolf86
Fanatic
robertwolf86

PostSubject: Re: Radiator to H2o pump   Radiator to H2o pump EmptyWed Mar 28, 2007 10:37 pm

yea the 2nd time wasnt bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiator to H2o pump   Radiator to H2o pump Empty

Back to top Go down

Radiator to H2o pump
Page 1 of 1