Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Climate control plug... anyone unplugged one before?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

Climate control plug... anyone unplugged one before? Empty
PostSubject: Climate control plug... anyone unplugged one before?   Climate control plug... anyone unplugged one before? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:02 pm

I can't figure out how to get this sucker off. Bought one off ebay and the seller cut the wires before the pig tail. There's two blue clips that I thought were holding the plug into the back of the unit. I took those out and the plug still doesn't budge. WTFhelp... puzzled
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Climate control plug... anyone unplugged one before?   Climate control plug... anyone unplugged one before? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:44 pm

for your '97 RIv?

Albertj
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

PostSubject: Re: Climate control plug... anyone unplugged one before?   Climate control plug... anyone unplugged one before? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 1:41 am

Yep. I'm probably being wicked stupid with this but I can't figure out WTF I'm missing.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 90

PostSubject: Re: Climate control plug... anyone unplugged one before?   Climate control plug... anyone unplugged one before? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:21 am

If you are talking about pulling the pins out, after you remove the blue clip there is still a "clip" that sticks out from the pin that holds them in. You use something like a paper clip, I'm sure there is a proper tool, and slide it into the cavity beside the pin and release the clip that sticks out from the pin.

HTH

EDIT:
I just realized you meant pulling the connector not the pins, the blue clips don't release it, there would be another "hook" that holds it into the socket.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

PostSubject: Re: Climate control plug... anyone unplugged one before?   Climate control plug... anyone unplugged one before? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:27 pm

I got it. Was being really ginger with the plug. All I needed was a flathead between the plugs and they came apart really easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Climate control plug... anyone unplugged one before?   Climate control plug... anyone unplugged one before? Empty

Back to top Go down

Climate control plug... anyone unplugged one before?
Page 1 of 1