Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Dash Lights Not Turning On

Go down 
+17
dboydakid
rivy96
Rickw
GMfan1111
L67
turtleman
99prixgt
Mr.Riviera
TType_Riviera
T Riley
deekster_caddy
albertj
jax95riv
ZEP
yankeeselke
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 12:26 am

Where is that located and does my 97 have one?
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

Name : Matt
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:40 pm

This problem started yesterday and its really bothering me. First when i lock or unlock my car, the headlights don't come on instantly, but rather flicker and then come on. Then when i start the car, the lights for the gauges, radio, HVAC dont come on automatically as they should, and it takes a minute of randomly shifting the twilight sentinel around until they flicker to life. It may also be worth noting that the dome lights and door lights still work as they should. Any ideas? It's just very strange to me that they flicker on just by flipping some switches.
Back to top Go down
GMfan1111
Amateur

Name : Classified
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 12:08 am

there could be something wrong with the wiring for those functions it's not a battery problem cause that would be easier to spot either that or something shorted out in there but that scenario seems unlikely
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 8:41 am

Sounds to me like the connector to your lighting control module is loose, or the control module is bad.
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 5:27 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
Sounds to me like the connector to your lighting control module is loose, or the control module is bad.

Complicated fix?
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 10:36 pm

Now no taillights.... confused
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:06 pm

I would lean toward the LCM (Lighting control Module) if you are loosing all kinds of lights.
You'll need a copy of the FSM for your vehicle to diag properly.
I have a clean Book 2 of 2 Factory Service Manual for the 96.
It includes: Driveability and Emissions (Engine Controls), Transmission/Transaxle diagnosis and Electrical Diagnosis with all wiring diagrams.
Will sell for $20.00 plus cost of shipping.
PM me if your interested.
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:15 pm

Ah thanks but i already have that book, I guess I'll have to dive deeper into the LCM tomorrow...you sure it wouldnt be the twilight sentinel switch? It's just really weird how playing with it can trigger the IP lights, although it does still turn the headlights on/off in the correct manner.
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 1:41 pm

Update, picked up a new LCM at the junkyard and it solved the problem. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 5:29 pm

L67 wrote:
Update, picked up a new LCM at the junkyard and it solved the problem. Thanks for the help.
joy
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 10:49 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
L67 wrote:
joy

Snatched up a BCM and a headlight switch too, just in case i need em later happy
Back to top Go down
rivy96
Amateur

Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 10:59 pm

crutchfield carries a module that has to be plugged in to the radio to allow the steering wheel controls to work... it costs about $70
Back to top Go down
dboydakid
Enthusiast
dboydakid

Name : noah rose
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Dashboard Lights Went Out ..Fuse??? Help Please   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:45 pm

MY DASHBOARD LIGHTS WENT OUT..JUST THE SPEEDOMETER, RPM , GAS,. AND COOLANT TEMP LIGHTS...THE SIGNALS AND EVERYTHING ELSE STILL WORK..... I DONT KNOW IF ITS A FUSE OR WHAT..HOPEFULLY IT IS..BUT WHAT FUSE???? THATS WHAT I NEED TO KNOW..
PLEASE HELP
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:29 am

All of the fuses are labeled in the manual. Run an ohm meter across the ones in the driver door panel and under the rear seat.

Back to top Go down
dboydakid
Enthusiast
dboydakid

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:45 am

i dont have one of those smh..but thanks
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:01 am

dboydakid wrote:
MY DASHBOARD LIGHTS WENT OUT..JUST THE SPEEDOMETER, RPM , GAS,. AND COOLANT TEMP LIGHTS...THE SIGNALS AND EVERYTHING ELSE STILL WORK..... I DONT KNOW IF ITS A FUSE OR WHAT..HOPEFULLY IT IS..BUT WHAT FUSE???? THATS WHAT I NEED TO KNOW..
PLEASE HELP

didn't this happen to you already? or do I confuse this with one of your other posts?
Back to top Go down
dboydakid
Enthusiast
dboydakid

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:04 am

ive never had this problem. ..can u help?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:25 am

Do you have a test light? Very cheap and even easier than an ohmmeter, just clip one end to ground and touch both sides of the fuses with the probe. You'll see which circuits are active, and which fuses are good.

I believe the dash lights will be run from the fuse panel on the side of the dashboard, accessible when the drivers door is opened. The inside of the panel should have the fuse arrangement on it.
Back to top Go down
96riv
Fanatic
96riv

Name : Dennis
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:29 am

Try #24 rear seat fuse box(the one with the most fuses). to test the fuse get a $2 trouble lamp, ground one side touch other lead to fuse to check if light comes on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arizonagn.com
dboydakid
Enthusiast
dboydakid

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:26 pm

thanks will get one today and test
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:42 pm

dboydakid wrote:
PLEASE HELP

Also pull the under-dash panel and see if the instrument panel connector shook loose.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
dboydakid
Enthusiast
dboydakid

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:15 pm

HTThats what I have to do..because I checked all or the fuses and all of them are ok smh ..idk what it could be
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:24 pm

dboydakid wrote:
HTThats what I have to do..because I checked all or the fuses and all of them are ok smh ..idk what it could be

Does not happen often but it happens and is not hard to check. Be patient because the connectors will be a pain to reach.
Back to top Go down
dboydakid
Enthusiast
dboydakid

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:50 pm

ok..ill try tomorrow ..the part im not understanding is that all the other lights come one except for the green dash lights..so when im driving the dash is black except for the signals..and low coolant light..
Back to top Go down
gmann3001
Fanatic
gmann3001

Name : Glenn W. Peck
Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:49 am

in the Manuel it says under the back seat the electrical center with the most fuses in it says
positions #36. instrument panel #2
and #37. instrument panel #1 I hope that helps
Back to top Go down
http://gmann3001@yahoo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights Not Turning On   Dash Lights Not Turning On - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dash Lights Not Turning On
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next