Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Goodnight Sweet Prince

Go down 
+17
BMD
DEMonte1997
ibmoses
AA
BKRIV
robotennis61
millerje18
Steve98
IBx1
Shintsu
albertj
Rickw
deekster_caddy
xxsupergman25xx
manofmany
Ship
krazyfish
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
millerje18
Enthusiast
millerje18

Name : Jordan
Merit : 1

Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:30 pm

nice radio. pretty cool. and nice find of the shifter handle .

Did u get the extra R logo from the yard too?
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:41 pm

nice. has she been lowered?
Back to top Go down
BKRIV
Enthusiast
BKRIV

Name : Bill
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:21 pm

hey Krazyfish nice ride! how do you get the shifter handles off? I'm sure I can get one on but cant figure out how the OEM comes off, is there a special tool? all the books show is a snapring but just cant find it.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:40 pm

Randall posted some pictures a while back of how to remove the shifter knob.
Might want to try a search using various possible names as well as console removal. I think he may have been answering someones question regarding the removal of the console, I can't remember for sure though. maybe someone else remembers.
Back to top Go down
BKRIV
Enthusiast
BKRIV

Name : Bill

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:07 pm

thanks Rick the search is on, it would be nice to adapt my old favorite Hurst handle for the Riv.
Back to top Go down
krazyfish
Enthusiast

Name : Jerred

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Wow went to work for a few hours and didnt expect to get all the responses i did.

to answer the questions:

Quote :
nice radio. pretty cool. and nice find of the shifter handle .

Did u get the extra R logo from the yard too?

Thanks i love the way it looks fits all the other circles on the dash very well. The shifter is out of a caddy. and the R logo came off the tail light of a 7th gen from what i can remember.

Quote :

nice. has she been lowered?

No, unless it was before i bought which i highly doubt.

Quote :
hey Krazyfish nice ride! how do you get the shifter handles off? I'm sure I can get one on but cant figure out how the OEM comes off, is there a special tool? all the books show is a snapring but just cant find it.

Removal is easy on the front of the shifter you can feel a little clip. take a small flathead screwdriver and pry it out. it is a U shaped pin about 1/2 inch long. What i have found out is that most OEM GM cars in the 90s and maybe earlier have the exact same method of attaching shifters and are interchangeable. my rivs stock shifter is living on life in a 95 monte carlo.

As far as randall posting how to remove it. that was for me when i was cleaning the interior of my car and fixing my cup holder that didnt close right.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:37 pm

After having the Caddy shifter in the car for a while now. How do you like it compared to the stock one.?
Back to top Go down
krazyfish
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:59 pm

I love it actually. looks like it belongs in the riv more so than the stock black one did. The only complaint i have is the fact that the shape of it makes it sit off center on the console. it seems to hang over into the passenger side of the car a bit further than it should. This feeling goes away after about a day with it.

The big plus side other than the looks is it is a much better place to rest your hand than the stock shifter.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:26 pm

Do you remember what year and model it came off of.?
Back to top Go down
Ship
Fanatic
Ship

Name : Dave
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:24 pm

I think the "R" is from an 89-93 riv tailight and the shifter is from an early 90's Caddy Eldo...maybe up to 94.
Back to top Go down
krazyfish
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:14 pm

the shifter was on many nineties caddys on the yard. Actually i think all of the ones i saw with the shifter on the floor had this. I know one i got off of an eldorado. I kept trading them out as i found nicer ones so im not really sure where this particular one came from.
Back to top Go down
krazyfish
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 3:18 pm

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 0923091510
Back to top Go down
millerje18
Enthusiast
millerje18

Name : Jordan
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 3:43 pm

that sucks!
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:13 pm

With all the mud on the tire it looks like you went 4 Wheelin'
FDind me a shifter knob like you have and I'll come over and fix the tire.
Back to top Go down
krazyfish
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:26 pm

im about to put the donut on it right now (ive been at work)

The mud is post deflation. i limped the car to the gas station to try and put some air in it it happened then.

Ill make you a deal next time i go to pull apart if i see one ill grab it, youll just have topay shipping plus w/e they charge for it.

*edit* looked at the inside bead of the wheel and it had a bunch of green slime in it, so its obviously had issues before... its okay though im replacing it tomorrow morning
Back to top Go down
krazyfish
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:01 am

Special treat.took my longest trip yet in the rivi. 250 miles each way to the smokey mountains. Took a nice shot of the riv. Also got a few pictures of a huge group of vipers and a couple lambos cruising through town causing all kinds of hell, one of which happened to be a new ACR. that sucker was mean, ill get the pics of them up at some point. I know my car is not a stunning example but if anyone wants a wallpaper sized copy let me know.

Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 P1030425y
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:14 am

Very nice. Will surely be considered for 2011 Riviera Performance calendar in the fall!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:45 am

krazyfish wrote:
Special treat.took my longest trip yet in the rivi. 250 miles each way to the smokey mountains. Took a nice shot of the riv. Also got a few pictures of a huge group of vipers and a couple lambos cruising through town causing all kinds of hell, one of which happened to be a new ACR. that sucker was mean, ill get the pics of them up at some point. I know my car is not a stunning example but if anyone wants a wallpaper sized copy let me know.

Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 P1030425y

Very nice car and a most excellent pic.

Yesterday I was not far from there in an very beautiful part of the Cherokee National Forrest, went down the Middle Ocoee. If you guys could get there right now is probably the best water they will ever see because of a landslide that has caused them to not be able to divert some of the water...
Bert
Back to top Go down
krazyfish
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:28 pm

I thought i would give everyone a quick update, last saturday my brother tipped me off to a rivi in a pull it yard with a charcoal interior (a 95 obviously) he told me that it was nearly perfect inside. i have spoken with the owner of the yard and i am going up thursday to take the entire interior out for 150$. I originally tried to buy the whole car but they wouldnt let me. I am, for lack of better words, giddy like a school girl about this! I havent actually sen the interior yet but my brother is bery picky about his cars and his idea of nice is of a higher standard than mine is. Pics as soon as i can. This is gonna be a nice prgect for the next week or so. joy rock joy
Back to top Go down
krazyfish
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:57 am

Check it, after 5 hours inside of the donor car ripping its interior out in 100+ degree sun i managed to get a large majority of what i needed (at least enough to suffice until i round up the few parts i am missing) As you hawk eyed people may notice, i dont have the rear seat bottom, None of the rivs in the yard had them, i think this is caused by the battery being under it so they just rip out the seats at the same time, not really sure. I will probably be attempting to dye my leather cushion charcoal to match if i cant find a real charcoal one soon-ish. I also didnt get the headliner since the car i stripped it from did not have a sunroof and i am missing the steering wheel, other than that i got it all out of the car.

It all needs a good cleaning but there is barely any wear in any of the leather and not a stain anywhere.

Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 P1030605

Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 P1030607

Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 P1030604

Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 P1030608

Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 P1030606
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:47 pm

That's hot. I'm jealous!!
Back to top Go down
krazyfish
Enthusiast

PostSubject: New Interior is in the car   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:59 am

Not a whole lot to say other than damn that was more work than i expected, i need to finish my black dash board and i need to get a seat cover for the back. ill let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 P1030614

Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 P1030616

Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 P1030617

Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 P1030618

Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 P1030619
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 11:00 am

Jarred, where did your pics go on page 1?

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
krazyfish
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 11:09 am

I moved them on image shack which changed the links i just haven't ever gotten around to fixing them.

**EDIT: Fixed first page**
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:25 pm

Great stuff Jerred, and what a difference, can't wait to see it progress. One question, is there any trick to getting that back panel out beneath the rear window? I've never given it a shot, but I hear a small rattle that I believe is coming from behind there. Do you pull straight out or slide up!?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince   Goodnight Sweet Prince - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Goodnight Sweet Prince
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next