Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

My Sweet Baby Riv

Go down 
+5
DEMonte1997
playa
1998 Riv
9 posters
AuthorMessage
florence_x
Enthusiast
florence_x

Name : Florence
Merit : 21

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 10:19 am

Okay, I apologize in advance because the pictures were taken from my cell phone (even though it has a good camera, it doesn't replace an actual camera).

But here she is, my Riv, the love of my automotive life.

IMAG0008" border="0" alt=""/>

From the passenger side.
Yes, that is a black side-view mirror. This is from another incident that happened when my father took her to the bus stop.

Obviously, I do not let my car to go to the bus stop anymore, because people can't drive.

I'm going to get the sideview re-painted when I take her in to get the driver's side dent fixed.

IMAG0009" border="0" alt=""/>

Driver's side.
The dent which I referenced in a few other posts is just visible, it is directly behind the driver's side door. Luckily, none of the electronics or locks were messed up when it happened.

And I know, I know, the rims are dirty... she is getting a bath this weekend.

I'll be taking more pictures this weekend when I clean her up. The weather is finally getting nice enough that I can spend a whole day working on her, and not have to worry about too much flooding or anything anymore.
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 10:26 am

Nice pics! They are clearer than many that have been posted with a "real" camera!

Enthusiast
florence_x

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 10:37 am

Karma wrote:
Nice pics! They are clearer than many that have been posted with a "real" camera!

Thanks! It is a 5MP camera on my phone (HTC Hero), but I only took 2 pics since they eat up my phone's memory.
I'll be using my real camera this weekend to take more & put 'em up on here.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:03 am

Lookin' good! (all things considered)
Back to top Go down
florence_x
Enthusiast
florence_x

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:06 am

1998 Riv wrote:
Lookin' good! (all things considered)

Thanks!
I'm really trying my best to spruce her up. She went through a lot while I was living in Queens and unable to drive her, and now I'm doing everything I can to make up for it.

I had a lot of cleaning to do on the interior (it was a mess when I got it back) as well, so I really concentrated on cleaning that up first so that I could actually drive in it (cigarette ash, bottles, etc.) and make it look like new again.
Back to top Go down
playa
Fanatic
playa

Name : Mark
Merit : 11

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:50 pm

The dent looks pretty clean and if you really wanted to, pull the panel and pop most of it out. Is that a custom license plate?
Back to top Go down
florence_x
Enthusiast
florence_x

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:45 pm

playa wrote:
The dent looks pretty clean and if you really wanted to, pull the panel and pop most of it out. Is that a custom license plate?

You're right, it really isn't a bad dent but it is deeper than the picture lets on.

And yes, it is a custom plate.
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:55 pm

I really like that color!!! What color is the interior-dark blue? Pretty nice combo.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:10 pm

lookin good! that dent might be not too difficult to pull out? a good body guy will weld on rivets and pull the worst of it. then a light coat of filler and voila! then you can paint the rest of the car black to match the mirror!
Back to top Go down
florence_x
Enthusiast
florence_x

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:02 pm

DEMonte1997 wrote:
I really like that color!!! What color is the interior-dark blue? Pretty nice combo.

Yes! The interior is a dark teal. I'll be taking more pictures of it once I get her super duper cleaned up.

It's a unique color for the interior, I love the color & also the interior of burgundy Riv's. So awesome.
Back to top Go down
florence_x
Enthusiast
florence_x

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:07 pm

robotennis61 wrote:
lookin good! that dent might be not too difficult to pull out? a good body guy will weld on rivets and pull the worst of it. then a light coat of filler and voila! then you can paint the rest of the car black to match the mirror!

Thanks! Yeah, it shouldn't be too bad I would hope - I'm just afraid to pull the dent out myself.

Lol, I don't know how I feel about painting her black! I've had her 7 years now, and even though it would look super slick, it's that first-car-attachment thing.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Fanatic

Name : Derek
Merit : 10

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 4:52 pm

Nice ride. Just my opinion but I don't see much gain by painting it black as that's a pretty sweet color. There are plenty of black cars on the road, mine included, so you would be the one to stand out. Plus bright teal metalic has got to be much easier to keep clean especially since you're near the shore.
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 4:59 pm

I agree with Derek. Blue interior with black exterior would be sorta odd as well. lol
Back to top Go down
moldymac
Fanatic

Name : David
Merit : 19

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:46 pm

Nice looking Riv! You might want to check that front driver's center cap, looks like its about to pop off!
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:07 am

That's not the New York City I see in the movies. Where's the pigeons and the statue of liberty and godzilla and stuff? That's pretty badass that this is your first car. I wish my first car was my riv!
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:25 am

dats joisy
Back to top Go down
Derek
Fanatic

Name : Derek
Merit : 10

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 7:08 am

Hey forgetaboutit. I'm from Jersey, yous got a problem wit dat?! Haha contrary to popular belief not everyone talks like that here
Back to top Go down
florence_x
Enthusiast
florence_x

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 7:53 am

turtleman wrote:
That's not the New York City I see in the movies. Where's the pigeons and the statue of liberty and godzilla and stuff? That's pretty badass that this is your first car. I wish my first car was my riv!

Haha, I was actually in Maryland when I took those pictures. That's why it looks so green and suburban.

So it wasn't "joisy" either - lol.
Back to top Go down
florence_x
Enthusiast
florence_x

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 7:54 am

DEMonte1997 wrote:
I agree with Derek. Blue interior with black exterior would be sorta odd as well. lol

Yeah, I'm definitely not painting her black. I love her just the way she is. smile
Back to top Go down
florence_x
Enthusiast
florence_x

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 7:55 am

moldymac wrote:
Nice looking Riv! You might want to check that front driver's center cap, looks like its about to pop off!

Thanks for the heads-up, I hadn't noticed! I'll check it out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:09 pm

"joisy" yeah,dats what i ment."joisy" wassamattah? you dont like da way i talk? jump
Back to top Go down
florence_x
Enthusiast
florence_x

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:24 pm

robotennis61 wrote:
"joisy" yeah,dats what i ment."joisy" wassamattah? you dont like da way i talk? jump

Haha, my Brooklyn accent comes out when I'm angry. It's pretty funny.
Otherwise, I know what words I have to avoid when I'm speaking normally - "garbage", for instance - my boyfriend makes so much fun of me. Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Sweet Baby Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Baby Riv   My Sweet Baby Riv Empty

Back to top Go down

My Sweet Baby Riv
Page 1 of 1