Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Traction control off all of the time

Go down 
+11
Sir Psycho Sexy
matt270avian
AA
Johnny5
ewolfe0050
xxsupergman25xx
robotennis61
deekster_caddy
Mr.Riviera
Rickw
woggy
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
woggy
Enthusiast
woggy

Name : Paul
Location : Altoona, Florida (Somewhere in the ocala national forest)
Merit : 7

Traction control off all of the time Empty
PostSubject: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 8:20 pm

Is there a mod or any way of keeping traction control off all of the time without pushing the button at every startup ?
Florida=no snow!
I believe I get better performance with traction off.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 8:23 pm

Someone with a 1995 Wiring Diagram might be able to steer you in the right direction.
Without looking at the diagram i would be hesitant to tell you something as simple as pull a fuse or relay to disable it.
But it could be as simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:04 pm

Not sure how the 95's are setup, but i know if i pull the fuse in the side panel for abs, the trac also goes off.
i do remember seeing a mod or way to do what you are talking about, but i believe it requires a tuner.

as for better performance...if the car detects wheel spin it will aply brakes and pull timing until it gains traction. keeping the trac off will keep the pcm from pulling timing (power), but with a mostly stock 95, traction control shouldnt be that limiting. what tires are you running?

Back to top Go down
woggy
Enthusiast
woggy

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:25 pm

I would like to have the traction control off, but the abs must remain on for safety reasons. so pulling the fuse wouldnt the safe thing to do.
theres probably a ecm wire for traction control that could be disconnected. but i dont know which one. or is tracton control part of the abs module?
Im not even sure if this mod is possible.
and by the way im running michelin xse 225/60s
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:29 pm

Traction control is programmed into the computer. You can't turn it off automatically as that's counter to what it's programmed to do! If you pull the fuse, as was mentioned earlier, you also lose the abs. So the short answer is there's no easy way.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:39 pm

pretend yur james bond...whenever ya git in tha car ..go ahead and push that button! good things will happen!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:13 pm

knew i saw it somewhere, just took me awhile to find it!

https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=645&catid=107

not sure what the compatibility is for a 95 riv, but it says it works on any gm with a trac button.
That is what you're looking for.

Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:22 pm

My first reaction to this was "why do you want the default to be OFF and just how difficult is it to hit the switch.
But I guess your not alone in wanting the default setting to be OFF as evidenced by someone actually making and selling a module for reasonably short money. That's the solution to your "Problem"
Good Luck with the install.
Back to top Go down
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

Name : Scotty
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:05 am

i might be wrong..but with the traction button off...the traction still has a mild ability to kick in at a certain point...i remember on mine once..i had it OFF in the snow...and traction kicked in at some point.

also...i dont know why u would wanna turn it off forever...traction control could also be used in the rain....which florida is definetly accustom to. if theres a huge puddle on the right and the tires go through it...it will actually keep u straight.
Back to top Go down
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/xxsupergman25xx/
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 6:47 am

xxsupergman25xx wrote:
i might be wrong..but with the traction button off...the traction still has a mild ability to kick in at a certain point...i remember on mine once..i had it OFF in the snow...and traction kicked in at some point.

also...i dont know why u would wanna turn it off forever...traction control could also be used in the rain....which florida is definetly accustom to. if theres a huge puddle on the right and the tires go through it...it will actually keep u straight.

There is an over-rev protection, which will kick in whether traction control is on or off.
Back to top Go down
woggy
Enthusiast
woggy

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:03 pm

ok thanks I appreciate all the the info. ill just push the button when i want traction off.
and thanks MrRiviera for the link. I will save it for a future mod.
Back to top Go down
ewolfe0050
Aficionado
ewolfe0050

Name : Eric
Merit : 27

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:48 pm

You could always pull the fuse but it would disconnect the magnasteer, ABS, and TC. The three systems are grouped together. The light will always stay on unless you pull the bulb.
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

Name : Going Nowhere Fast
Merit : 1

PostSubject: help   Traction control off all of the time EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Has anyone found a way to permanently disable this piece of monstrosity Traction control this dumb ass failed technology
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 4:38 pm

You could remove the ABS fuse. But why not just leave it alone and push the traction button when you need to shut it off? It's not a monstrosity. It works quite well with the exception of snow combined with your heavy right foot.
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 4:44 pm

It has failed me one too many times, being that my yard is only grass and predominantly mudd I pressed the switch it was off, but as I am leaving soft areas where I need to continue kicks it right back on. So meanwhile I get stuck sad right
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Just keep putting miles on your car, until one of the speed sensors fails. The system will disable itself and then you'll have your wish!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:21 pm

AA wrote:
Just keep putting miles on your car, until one of the speed sensors fails. The system will disable itself and then you'll have your wish!
all these parts I've been changing its getting the works. Haven't made it to 5grand yet so im ok but not that far away tho
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:29 pm

Pretty sure it can be tuned out. Anyone who actually has a tuner confirm this?
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:50 pm

I got stuck in the mudd cuz of the dumb that dumb shit it kicked on while I was gliding thru it. Stopped the wheels and it sunk it
Back to top Go down
Sir Psycho Sexy
Junkie
Sir Psycho Sexy

Name : Tyler
Merit : 20

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 1:43 am

My traction control is never on! I dont know why, but ever since i put the motor in TC is always off! I dont really mind it on or off lol
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 1:57 am

Mine is always on.....
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 3:50 am

It sucks it works right at the wrong time ... no go I keep the switch off cause the car drives much better without it
Back to top Go down
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

Name : Greg
Merit : 17

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 10:31 am

I think the traction control has it's merits on flat ground to get you moving a little, but going up hills it tends to rob your needed speed and momentum.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 1:02 pm

Johnny5 wrote:
(snip)...as I am leaving soft areas where I need to continue kicks it right back on.
Are you saying that it's turning back on shortly after you turn it off? If so, something is wrong. If you are just saying that it turns back on each time you start the car, that's by design.
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 1:13 pm

I was driving out of my yard for work turned the tcs off. The ground got a little soft the tcs kicked right in leaving me stuck in the mudd, im just saying even with it off its still on and the mudd in my yard is not tcs friendly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time Empty

Back to top Go down

Traction control off all of the time
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Interior-
Jump to: