Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Traction control off all of the time

Go down 
+11
Sir Psycho Sexy
matt270avian
AA
Johnny5
ewolfe0050
xxsupergman25xx
robotennis61
deekster_caddy
Mr.Riviera
Rickw
woggy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
98riv

Merit : 30

Traction control off all of the time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 1:50 pm

Johnny5 wrote:
I was driving out of my yard for work turned the tcs off. The ground got a little soft the tcs kicked right in leaving me stuck in the mudd, im just saying even with it off its still on and the mudd in my yard is not tcs friendly

If the wheel has been spinning for more than 15 seconds or so traction control will still kick on even if you turn it off with the switch. So unless your tires were spinning for a while, it shouldn't have turned on.

Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 2:21 pm

98riv wrote:
If the wheel has been spinning for more than 15 seconds or so traction control will still kick on even if you turn it off with the switch.  So unless your tires were spinning for a while, it shouldn't have turned on.

I wasn't aware of that, I guess I never let the wheels spin for more than 15 seconds. Hey, what do you want it's a Riv not a Jeep.

Sounds like your only other solution is to pull the ABS fuse, but that will also disable the anti-lock brakes which I can't recommend. Maybe you could wire a switch into the power feed off the fusebox for your 'full disable'.
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

Name : Going Nowhere Fast
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 4:19 pm

That's what I thought exactly but the mudd made it kick on while the car was making forward progress, and when it did the car sank in to the mudd instead of kept going. It was a immediate response time
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:28 am

Just to clarify

- you press the Traction button, this turns on the yellow 'traction off' light
- you enter the mud
- the Traction Off light goes away and your TC activates

Is that exactly what's happening? Or does the Traction Off light remain lit?

What if you just try to spin 'em on wet pavement?
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 2:20 pm

I tested it last night now that im thinking about it it may not be the tcs. Because the tcs would stop the wheel spinning right. But my brakes go haywire and a noise comes in and the car stops(yes the light is on)
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:51 am

The TCS uses the ABS (as well as engine management) to control the spinning wheel, so the brake pedal (and sound) will seem like the ABS has activated.

Are you stepping on the brake pedal at all? Is it possible the car is bouncing enough that your brake pedal is making the lighs come on, triggering the ABS side of things? Have somebody watch from behind and see if your brake lights come on just before you bog down. Could be a brake switch adjusted too far?
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:59 am

[quote="deekster_caddy"]The TCS uses the ABS (as well as engine management) to control the spinning wheel, so the brake pedal (and sound) will

I haven't done much over factory to the car yet except viper alarm and 20 inches on wheel and a gutted air box the car is pretty much stock. After reading you guys posts im in last place on modding my Riviarri. It only happens when I'm in mudd and noway do I want to keep trying that. But you are or had the same setup im trying to complete. With the north star tb what year does it have to be?
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 10:34 am

I don't even know what to make, or what to say of any of this. I turn my TCS "OFF" every single time I get in the car. I've never had an issue with it activating (with it "OFF") even in snow when my tires have been slipping for a bit. I do know that it's extremely sensitive with it on. Even at 60mph getting on the freeway and slamming on the throttle, I've had it activate with it "ON".

Never an issue with it "OFF".....
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 3:10 pm

Johnny5 wrote:

deekster_caddy wrote:
The TCS uses the ABS (as well as engine management) to control the spinning wheel, so the brake pedal (and sound) will

I haven't done much over factory to the car yet except viper alarm and 20 inches on wheel and a gutted air box the car is pretty much stock. After reading you guys posts im in last place on modding my Riviarri. It only happens when I'm in mudd and noway do I want to keep trying that. But you are or had the same setup im trying to complete. With the north star tb what year does it have to be?

My car, from stock to modded, never had the traction control enable itself after I pushed the button. When I was at the dragstrip I would remove the ABS fuse, mainly so that I wouldn't forget to turn off the TC, which happened often (forgetting). But as soon as I headed home I put the fuse back in and never saw what you are seeing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traction control off all of the time   Traction control off all of the time - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Traction control off all of the time
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2