Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Trying to remove lower half of dash...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

Trying to remove lower half of dash... Empty
PostSubject: Trying to remove lower half of dash...   Trying to remove lower half of dash... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:17 pm

... Does the upper half need to come out or can I just pull it down? I removed the 3 7mm screws underneath but it won't budge at all.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Trying to remove lower half of dash...   Trying to remove lower half of dash... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:48 pm

Just what are you trying to remove. It's not clear. You said you removed 3 screws, are you talking about the insulating panel below the steering column or the one on the passenger side below the glove box?????
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 90

PostSubject: Re: Trying to remove lower half of dash...   Trying to remove lower half of dash... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:25 pm

To remove the knee bolster, the padded piece under the steering wheel, the dash panel does have to be removed, there are bolts under the panel that hold the bolster on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Trying to remove lower half of dash...   Trying to remove lower half of dash... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:29 pm

Sorry I wasn't more clear. I meant the lower half of the dash just beneath the steering wheel. You do have to pull the upper half of the dash which was an added PITA step but it turns out that I had to pull it anyway.

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to remove lower half of dash...   Trying to remove lower half of dash... Empty

Back to top Go down

Trying to remove lower half of dash...
Page 1 of 1