Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Dimmer issue with new deck

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deft
Rookie

Name : Nicholas Campbell
Merit : 0

Dimmer issue with new deck Empty
PostSubject: Dimmer issue with new deck   Dimmer issue with new deck EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 1:38 pm

So I just installed my deck this past weekend and everything is working perfectly except for one thing... there was no dimmer (orange) cable for my deck so the instructions said to just tie off the dimmer cable coming from the GM cable unit. Now my interior lights never go off when the car is on... Only turns off after the car has been locked for 15 minutes. Any ideas where I should hook that cable to?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Dimmer issue with new deck   Dimmer issue with new deck EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 2:11 pm

The "dimmer" wire should have nothing to do with the interior lights. It's tied to the headlight/parking light/dash light system.

Did you turn your headlight knob while you were working?
Back to top Go down
Deft
Rookie

Name : Nicholas Campbell
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dimmer issue with new deck   Dimmer issue with new deck EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 2:15 pm

Wow I feel like the biggest idiot ever... I told my friend to specifically check that when we were working on it and he was positive it wasn't the dimmer dial. I feel like the biggest idiot not checking it myself... PROBLEM FIXED!
Back to top Go down
woggy
Enthusiast
woggy

Name : Paul
Location : Altoona, Florida (Somewhere in the ocala national forest)
Merit : 7

PostSubject: Re: Dimmer issue with new deck   Dimmer issue with new deck EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 2:17 pm

did you learn anything?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Dimmer issue with new deck   Dimmer issue with new deck EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 2:35 pm

Well, glad it was an easy fix!!! What kind of deck did you put in? Got any pics?

cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dimmer issue with new deck   Dimmer issue with new deck Empty

Back to top Go down

Dimmer issue with new deck
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Audio & Electronics-
Jump to: