Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement

Go down 
+31
LARRY70GS
The Roadmaster
98riv
urbanski_m
rivordie
KnottyEagle
gunmetalRED
duster_do_little
nebstewart07
joshuadalegrimes
al_roethlisberger
Uplink
Hometown Hero
Rod.G
dboydakid
IBx1
robotennis61
Mr.Riviera
BMD
Sweepspear
VJD2
Abaddon
moldymac
albertj
AA
deekster_caddy
Eldo
L67
DEMonte1997
Rickw
GMFreak8
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
DJROBJ
Amateur

Name : Rob J
Merit : 1

Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement   Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2022 9:48 am

[quote="Jack the R"]
LARRY70GS wrote:
I replaced my A/C compressor about 6 months ago because the clutch was making a ringing noise, and the pressures were low.  It also leaked out over a 6 month period.  Replacing the compressor seems to have fixed all 3 problems.  A/C blows very cold and the compressor is quiet.  I used the Denso,

I'm strongly considering picking this Denso up and having the UAC replaced.  I'm afraid the UAC's bearings aren't getting oiled and it's going to seize, shred the belt and leave me stranded.  As well as fill the rest of the system with metal, which it could already be doing for all I know.

edit - The UAC is supposed to be pre-filled with oil though - perhaps it wasn't from the factory?  

Any update on this? I'm about to change out the compressor, drier, orifice on my car soon.  I ordered the Delphi compressor off of Rock Auto, along with the GM variable orifice for climates less then 105.  I'm in Miami, FL, so I'm certainly looking forward in having cold AC.
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement   Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2022 3:06 pm

The first paragraph in your quote is me. The rest of it, not sure where that came from.

The Denso compressor blew cold air for me right through the summer. It still cycles on and off with my climate control in "Auto". I guess the test will be next summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement   Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2022 3:15 pm

LARRY70GS wrote:
The first paragraph in your quote is me.  The rest of it, not sure where that came from.

The Denso compressor blew cold air for me right through the summer.  It still cycles on and off with my climate control in "Auto".  I guess the test will be next summer.

The 2nd part is mine. Looks like the "close quote" tag got deleted after your part.
Back to top Go down
DeepFrozen
Enthusiast

Name : Dmitry
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement   Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2023 3:01 am

Quick question.
I know that our A/C should be filled with PAG 150, all spec sheets say so.
But my Denso A/C compressor came prefilled with PAG 46. So what PAG oil should I use in the system?
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement   Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2023 12:47 pm

I wouldn't replace the oil. Wouldn't that void the warranty?
Back to top Go down
DeepFrozen
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement   Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 6:14 am

I'm long past the warranty ) Now I want to do what's best for the system.

And I have to replace the oil one way or another. Leaving PAG 150 in the system means I have to replace the oil in the compressor. And vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement   Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 8:31 am

I meant the warranty on your compressor.
Back to top Go down
DeepFrozen
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement   Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 10:22 am

I know.
I got the compressor 3 years ago, filled the system with PAG 150 and it worked Ok.
Recently I started to think than compressor became noisier. Or maybe I was just paranoic )  
Anyway, in August I disassembled the system to fix the failed hose. And while I was on it, I decided to flush the system, replace dryer and orifice tube. And I found old manual/leaflet from the box the AC compressor came in, it says the compressor was prefilled with PAG 46. So the original question came up.
What PAG oil should I use?

Last edited by DeepFrozen on Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement   Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 3:21 am

My compressor is also getting noisy "in my head"... LOL
However, since the original system is R-134, which so far is still readily available, I don't see any problem in trying to make your system run on 134 AND the original Oil....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement   Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Write-Up: AC Compressor & Clutch Replacement
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10