Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?

Go down 
+2
deekster_caddy
Mr.Riviera
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? Empty
PostSubject: torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?   torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:11 am

So Devin and I have finally gotten my tune in shape for the moment. i have all the motor mods i want (for the moment) so except for weather change i should be all set.
Here is where i am at so far with the Powrtuner:
My LTFT's are within +/-5 all the time and always lock in at 0 for TP above 28%.
O2 readings show it locks in in the 920's (a little low for my taste, but it was cold out)
No KR unless it is really cold out, then i see a max of like 3* at shift points.
Ran the "shazam" program and it helped out my timing too.

So my question is what else can i change? Keep in mind this is for a 96 so most transmission settings (like line pressure) are not adjustable.
I have made some changes to some of the TQ management setting, but there are a few i dont know about.

Under supercharger/boost control/traction mode controlled by boost it shows a factory setting of 1%, devins zzp tune has it set at 100%. mine is at 6.99%, but i dont know what this does.
Also what is everyone setting their KR recovery rates at? i'd like to be able to recover lost timing as quick as possible, but is there any danger to doing this?
Lastly, the closed loop idle spark correction is still all set to stock, but devins is different from zzp. can i adjust how much idle rpm there is at idle with this? mine seems to fluctuate a good bit leading to a rougher than brand new feel.

Thanks for any explanations on these.
Matthew

Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?   torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:11 am

Did you get your LTFTs in line with a MAF or VE tune?

I have not changed from stock any of the three settings you mention. Personally I do NOT want a "fast" recovery rate on KR. It recovers pretty quickly IMO and I'd rather not push my luck.

The more time you spend with the tuner, the more settings you can learn to tweak manually. I started out using the blattner's shazam tool but have decided I prefer to adjust my tables manually now. There are some risks involved in making global changes to your timing.

How high have you been able to take the fuel trim tune before PE sets in? I can get up to about 40% throttle in non-PE mode now (the Gen V blower made a big difference there) before I see any KR.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

PostSubject: Re: torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?   torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:19 am

deekster_caddy wrote:
Did you get your LTFTs in line with a MAF or VE tune?

both. We did pretty extensive VE tuning before working on the MAF.

IIRC the stock TP% was 40% for PE to engage. i reduced that to 28% when i got the northstar b/c thats what the tuning guide told me to do lol should i have been going the other way with the %?

Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?   torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:21 am

You want to get the PE setting as high as you can without encountering KR or boost... Once you start engaging boost, it's generally time to go to PE mode, if you can watch your MAP you'll know at what TP% you hit boost... that's where you want to start your PE. You can go a little bit higher, but not much. Sorry I have forgotten where this is on my car. I'll review next time I have a chance but it will probably be a few days.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?   torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 10:52 am

Under Supercharger/Boost Control/... I have two parameters similar to the one you mention:

• Traction Mode Boost Control by Torque - (stock 100%, mine 100%)

• Traction Mode Boost Control Enable - (stock 4, mine 7 [came with DHP 1.5 BIN])

My KR Recovery Rates are 3 times quicker than stock (stock is .79 Deg/Sec, mine is 3 Deg/Sec). I don't see how this is harmful, because under sustained KR, it will not recover at all. After the "coast is clear", I want my timing back asap.

Closed Loop Idle Spark Correction is a mystery to me. Mine different (lower) than stock, as they came from DHP 1.5 BIN. They seem random to me, but I'm sure there's some order to it.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

PostSubject: Re: torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?   torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 6:14 pm

thanks for the info guys. i'll have to make a few adjustments when i get time and see if anything changes.
My hopes were to be able to reduce the amount of traction contol when it is enabled. kinda like in video games you can set traction from 1-10 to adjust how much it activates.
I feel like our TC systems pull timing, apply brakes, and reduce boost way too much when even a little wheel spin is detected.

Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?   torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:33 am

Mr.Riviera wrote:
My hopes were to be able to reduce the amount of traction contol when it is enabled. kinda like in video games you can set traction from 1-10 to adjust how much it activates.

That's a whole different set of parameters on my '98. What options does the '96 have under torque management?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

PostSubject: Re: torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?   torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:57 pm

torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? Dscn1111

Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?   torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:59 pm

Yes, I have those too. I can give you some decent things to change there. I don't have my computer with my PT here, if nobody else beats me to it, I'll post some up later.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

PostSubject: Re: torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?   torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 5:03 pm

most of those setting have been adjusted already, but i'd like to compare to yours too.

Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?   torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 6:35 pm

Can I get some help with torque management, please?
For all yall with stock trans 98+, what did you do with your settings? Thank you

Here's what I am looking at. All stock settings. Not sure how to proceed.

torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? Captur19
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?   torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:50 pm

The Performance set you can ignore. That's preset into the PCM for Regals and GPs with the Performance Shift button. It's turned off by default, but the table is still there.

I have my entire Torque Reduction table set to "0". It does exactly what the Title says, takes away Torque at all of those shift points. I like my Torque....
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?   torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 11:42 pm

so for the normal table; you think i can just start reducing it little by little and testing it?

This table is to protect our transmission for shredding themselves, right? So just a little off shouldnt hurt anything?

0 sounds crazy, but you have that built trans and you crrrrrazzzzyy  razz 
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?   torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:43 am

charlieRobinson wrote:
This table is to protect our transmission for shredding themselves, right? So just a little off shouldnt hurt anything?

I think it's more for the Buick comfort factor than anything else. Even if you set that table to "0", the trans can still be mush if you don't change the shift time and line pressures. You probably wouldn't even notice it.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?   torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 10:46 am

We gotta have a Riv meet soon so we can all pow wow and tune.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?   torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 2:29 am

What's everyone running for their torque abuse speed/RPM/time/throttle enable tables?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?   torque management, KR recovery rate, etc? Empty

Back to top Go down

torque management, KR recovery rate, etc?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series II Scans, Tuning, PCM-
Jump to: