Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Michigan Rivieras?

Go down 
+9
jimmyriv
deekster_caddy
Abaddon
crlombardi69
T Riley
GMFreak8
L67
Rickw
KillaKeninaRiv
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

Name : Kenneth
Merit : 6

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:46 am

I dont see much representation from Michigan here...And I see Rivieras on the road here fairly often. Some are in pretty good shape, but alot are in wretched condition, and nothing hurts more than seeing a female driving it, and theres dents and dings throughout the body, its dusty and dirty, and you can clearly tell they dont appreciate a good car. You can see the cars are just being passed around from used lot to used lot. I see theres one other person on here from Michigan, but we need ALOT more representation!
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:51 am

If you pay for a Billboard on the highway in the Detroit area with this website address on it, I'll bet you'll get a lot more representation / members from Detroit, MI.
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

Name : Matt
Merit : 37

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:14 pm

I'm here! But I do agree it is kind of strange that there aren't more members from MI since I see plenty of them driving around as well.
Back to top Go down
GMFreak8
Addict
GMFreak8

Name : Kyle
Merit : 15

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:18 pm

My Riviera was originally from Michigan if that counts any. wink
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:30 pm

GMFreak8 wrote:

So is everyone elses, Orion Assembly in Lake Orion, MI that is. (Unless that's what you were implying smile )
Back to top Go down
GMFreak8
Addict
GMFreak8

Name : Kyle
Merit : 15

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:44 pm

L67 wrote:
GMFreak8 wrote:

So is everyone elses, Orion Assembly in Lake Orion, MI that is. (Unless that's what you were implying smile )

Haha, yup. wink

Although mine was registered in Michigan until 2004, then it came over to NY and was with that owner until I bought it from his son after he died (both my Buicks have been white, and the previous owners have died, gotta love that).
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 5:54 pm

All three of mine are white. I have a light blue interior now though, but its alot cleaner interior than any of the other two Ive had previously.

Matt, what part of MI are you from? There was another guy on here from Detroit, but I think he hasnt been active in awhile.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 5:55 pm

L67 wrote:
GMFreak8 wrote:

fuggin GM employees acting like they know everything.. tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
L67
Aficionado

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 6:47 pm

///

Last edited by L67 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:41 pm

No I escaped Detroit in 2003 lmao I live in Roseville now but Im looking for a house in Detroit somewhere near Palmer Park or the University District.
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 pm

KillaKeninaRiv wrote:
No I escaped Detroit in 2003 lmao I live in Roseville now but Im looking for a house in Detroit somewhere near Palmer Park or the University District.

Oh nice I go through there on the way to my grandmas in Eastpointe (8 mile & Gratiot), you around there?
Back to top Go down
crlombardi69
Enthusiast

Name : Chris L
Merit : 5

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:35 am

Hello there! A proud riviera owner here living in clinton twp. I see rivi's everywhere and I agree with your earlier posts on the subject. I love my 98 and I'm representing the detroit area.
Back to top Go down
http://crlombardi69@yahoo.com
L67
Aficionado

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:32 am

crlombardi69 wrote:
Hello there! A proud riviera owner here living in clinton twp. I see rivi's everywhere and I agree with your earlier posts on the subject. I love my 98 and I'm representing the detroit area.

Awesome, are you thinking of doing any modifications?
Back to top Go down
crlombardi69
Enthusiast

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:56 am

Most definately! I installed a custom FWI that I bought here from a member. I'm trying to decide on my exhaust system mod's.Next is gonna be the 180 deg. Thermostat colder plugs,s/c pulley and all other supporting mods. So much great info here! This is where I finally got good solid information about my riv.Only bumber is the lack of aftermarket for our cars.I'm used to chevy/camaro availability and I was a little disapointed but that will make it that much better when I'm done!
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 3:02 am

crlombardi69 wrote:
Most definately! I installed a custom FWI that I bought here from a member. I'm trying to decide on my exhaust system mod's.Next is gonna be the 180 deg. Thermostat colder plugs,s/c pulley and all other supporting mods. So much great info here! This is where I finally got good solid information about my riv.Only bumber is the lack of aftermarket for our cars.I'm used to chevy/camaro availability and I was a little disapointed but that will make it that much better when I'm done!

Awesome, I'm going to be installing headers in a few months so maybe we can meet up and sway your decision. I also have a DHP PowrTuner, and although I'm no tuning pro it may still be useful.
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:09 am

crlombardi69 wrote:

You are right down the street from me. Im at 13 Mile and Gratiot, right by the Continental Bowling alley. Small world after all...
Back to top Go down
crlombardi69
Enthusiast

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:36 am

Yes it is a small world and there are riviera's being represented in the Metro-Detroit area where a lot of these good american cars were built! I'm doing the F-body brake mod and can't wait for spring(also construction season)to come so I can get going on the rest of my car.I love the riv just not the lack of hi-performance artermarket accessories!!
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 8:17 pm

Yeah from what Ive seen on here, you have to be ready to open your wallet wide for alot of the mods lol. I dont have $500 to blow on oversized rotors or ceramic headers and turbochargers for $2000 lol. Well I do, but it wouldnt be very responsible of me if I did lol. Good luck with that construction season. Thats one thing you can always look forward to in Michigan from spring to fall
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 8:32 pm

crlombardi69 wrote:
I'm doing the F-body brake mod and can't wait for spring(also construction season)to come so I can get going on the rest of my car.I love the riv just not the lack of hi-performance artermarket accessories!!
I agree that there isn't a lot hanging on the racks ready to bolt on. But there is enough available that does bolt on to the engine and chassis without major modifications. At least enough to bring your HP and Torque numbers high enough to ruin a FWD Trans.
As I have become more knowledgeable as to what is out there I've become more understanding of just how much do you want to do to a Front Wheel Drive car without spending a boatload on the proper race ready transmission.
The mod's I have done haven't cost a fortune but have made a great improvement in HP, Tq and efficiency of the braking and suspension system.
Everything I did was bolt on except for the PCM tuning.
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 pm

How much is a PCM tuning? I havent run into anyone here doing that yet, and I imagine if they did it would be quite expensive.
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:02 pm

KillaKeninaRiv wrote:
How much is a PCM tuning? I havent run into anyone here doing that yet, and I imagine if they did it would be quite expensive.

Like i said I have a tuner and I wouldn't charge anything. However I am still learning and will probably have a better understanding of it as the summer progresses.
Back to top Go down
crlombardi69
Enthusiast

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:19 pm

Thanks killa. Also I here what you're saying rick w about the modding situation because I tked to you b/4 about what you have done to your car is where I'm heading.I like what you have done and I think I know why.I think we all kinda know that's about the perfect amount of Hp/torque to these transmissions! Is that about. It in a nutshell! That's about all you can do before trans upgrade?what ever happened to the 4t80 install?
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm

Sup guys. Just joined....don't know why the hell I waited so long. Bored at work....Macomb Twp here. Michigan Rivs are far and few between. They either fallin apart or in perfect shape (hate seein the ones fallin apart).
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:53 pm

Welcome Scott!
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:09 pm

Ty Ty!. Hey L67, u say u have a programmer? I've been trying to find someone with one for a while now, and everywhere that I do find one they want WAYY too much $$$ and want me to send them the PCM. Then I find myself thinking....that's absolutely ridiculous. Every car is different and a "generic" tuning won't give the benefits that could be had tuning in-car. I'm getting ready to swap my throttle body and MAF to a 75mm and need to program after. I've asked a few of the popular 3800 websites (won't mention who) for help and all I get in response is "you should just buy our kit"......I hate that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Michigan Rivieras? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? Empty

Back to top Go down

Michigan Rivieras?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next