Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Michigan Rivieras?

Go down 
+9
jimmyriv
deekster_caddy
Abaddon
crlombardi69
T Riley
GMFreak8
L67
Rickw
KillaKeninaRiv
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
L67
Aficionado

Name : Matt
Merit : 37

Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:03 pm

Abaddon wrote:
Ty Ty!. Hey L67, u say u have a programmer? I've been trying to find someone with one for a while now, and everywhere that I do find one they want WAYY too much $$$ and want me to send them the PCM. Then I find myself thinking....that's absolutely ridiculous. Every car is different and a "generic" tuning won't give the benefits that could be had tuning in-car. I'm getting ready to swap my throttle body and MAF to a 75mm and need to program after. I've asked a few of the popular 3800 websites (won't mention who) for help and all I get in response is "you should just buy our kit"......I hate that.

So long as you dont have a 1995 I could be of assistance as long as you can find the MAF table for your new unit. The only downside is I am not available until the summer after school gets out teach
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:23 pm

Na, it's a '98...And I've got the MAF table for the unit. Only thing left to do is machine myself an adapter plate and fab up the throttle linkage. Good luck with school!
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

Name : Matt
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Abaddon wrote:
Na, it's a '98...And I've got the MAF table for the unit. Only thing left to do is machine myself an adapter plate and fab up the throttle linkage. Good luck with school!

Thanks let me know if you need any help with it around then, should be a quick rewrite and you'll be good to go.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Sounds great thx!

Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 PostableRivRear-1-1-1
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

Name : Kenneth
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:08 pm

I like those exhaust tips Abaddon! And welcome! Nice to see more Michigan representation. I wish I could pull the owners of the fu**ed up Rivs out of their cars and beat them with a four way.
Back to top Go down
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 8:03 am

Hey guys, I'm here too, even if I'm over on the other side of the state on Lake Michigan in Muskegon.
I've talked RivPerformance to many Riv owners around my area.... scratch
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
crlombardi69
Enthusiast

Name : Chris L
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Hey there jimmyriv! It is nice to have the other side of the state represented too.I worked in the Plainwell/Kalamazoo area for a year or so in 1998. I've fished over there to and its a very nice place to be. Welcome and nice to hear from a westside Riviera.
Back to top Go down
http://crlombardi69@yahoo.com
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:00 pm

sup JimmyRiv! Hows the weather on the "west coast'? I hate drivin my car in this stuff.....but I have no choice.

Ken,
A 4-way might be a little harsh, but a definite "dent" or 2 would suffice lol. There is a girl nest door to me that had a '96ish pearl Riv....all this thing needed was a little TLC (wheels corroding, missing center caps, mirror broken, dents, etc). I almost offered to buy it from her but it's since disappeared.
Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 RivFront-1-1
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:59 pm

Man what a shame. I saw a pearl 1998 Riviera that needed a motor in it on ebay. The body was perfect, interior perfect. However, the guy set the reserve at like, $600 or something. At last check it was $600 and had a day left. But it was in New York state and the shipping quote was $550. I wasnt about to spring at least $600-700 on a shell, only to spend another $600 on a decent mileage motor or to have someone get one for me, then have it put in and the shipping on top of that! I wouldve been out of over $2500.
Back to top Go down
GMFreak8
Addict
GMFreak8

Name : Kyle
Merit : 15

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:35 pm

KillaKeninaRiv wrote:
Man what a shame. I saw a pearl 1998 Riviera that needed a motor in it on ebay. The body was perfect, interior perfect. However, the guy set the reserve at like, $600 or something. At last check it was $600 and had a day left. But it was in New York state and the shipping quote was $550. I wasnt about to spring at least $600-700 on a shell, only to spend another $600 on a decent mileage motor or to have someone get one for me, then have it put in and the shipping on top of that! I wouldve been out of over $2500.

Hell is it still on Ebay? I'm in NYS. My engine is perfect, my body is what is bothering me. I would have gladly paid that for it.
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:24 pm

No this was about a month ago. When I saw it was out of range I just went on craigslist and bought one. But there are some on craigslist occassionally that need motors though.
Back to top Go down
tomaz320
Rookie

Name : tomaz
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:10 pm

I'm in Detroit...I have a 95 Riviera
Back to top Go down
crlombardi69
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:27 pm

How's it going there Tomaz? Nice to see another riviera represented in the "D"!
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:40 am

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:39 am

Welcome dude hi
Back to top Go down
shrek
Special

Name : Shrek

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:41 pm

From Downriver...........
Just bought 97 riv $500.00 From Auction lot.......
drove it home that day...97,680 miles,new tires, tan interior, stock riv rims but need some chrome Ö¿Ö
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 12:22 am

Now Im mad. I need to hit an auction but the one down the street from my house always wants ridiculous prices for cars, and they only seem interested in auctioning off newer cars like Cadillacs that fetch higher prices. Anyways, good luck with your ride! You got a steal
Back to top Go down
crlombardi69
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 4:27 pm

Good job on the new addition! How can you beat a 98 riviera with under 100,000 miles for $500 bucks? Great deal the parts alone ar worth double that. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
brmcm15
brmcm15

Name : Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:20 am

im here in the CTP/macomb area!
Back to top Go down
crlombardi69
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 11:49 am

Yeah me too. I see quiet a few rivi's around here. Most of them are pretty beat up daily drivers though.
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:18 pm

You arent far from me and Abaddon. He works about 10 minutes from my house. Im in Roseville, at 13 and Gratiot
Back to top Go down
crlombardi69
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Right we are all near each other. I'm at 15 mile and harper in clinton twp. We need to have a small east side gathering.(Everyone welcome of coarse)
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:38 pm

Is anyone going to any of the cruises? I was thinking about going by the Gratiot cruise this summer. Then theres always that miniature cruise they have at Continental Lanes in the summer months too
Back to top Go down
crlombardi69
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:45 pm

I stop in from time to time at continental lanes to see who's up there and to see some new cars if there is any. Sometimes a lot of the same cars come out every friday there.
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:43 pm

Yeah theres a few people that live around the corner from me that bring their cars uip there. I live right behind there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Rivieras?   Michigan Rivieras? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Michigan Rivieras?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next