Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Newest Addition to the garage …

Go down 
+14
crlombardi69
DEMonte1997
Jason
Eldo
stan
IBx1
AA
Jack the R
robotennis61
BMD
J. Chris Davis
99Rivman
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

Newest Addition to the garage … Empty
PostSubject: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 4:06 pm

Backyard Buddy 7,000 lb. 4 Post Auto Lift Series, built in America

I finally placed the order for my lift! I have been researching this and kicking it around for several years now and have finally done it! I decided to go for safety rather than price and ordered from Backyard Buddy. They are a good bit higher than other places but they do make the best lift on the market.
At least this will solve some of my storage problems, and give me something to easily get underneath the cars with!

Not the best picture but I got their Red, White, and Blue version:
Newest Addition to the garage … Rwb-li10

These are the dimensions of the one I ordered:
Newest Addition to the garage … Bb-70010

Now just a six week wait and I should be in business shortly thereafter yay

Last edited by 99Rivman on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:41 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Content / Spelling / Title)
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
J. Chris Davis
Aficionado
J. Chris Davis

Name : Chris Davis
Merit : 19

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 4:19 pm

I like.
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 4:53 pm

Extremely jealous and excited to see it installed and operational, congrats Randall!
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:56 pm

wow!
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Not a bad price at all. You can spend $2000 on a new computer setup, and it'll be worthless in a few years.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Very nice. Moved to Care & Maintenance. wink

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 8:44 pm

Very cool! Nothing makes keeping a car running easier than having a lift. Even simple things like draining coolant or changing your oil are so much easier when you have a lift.

So long as your cars need maintainance, this will pay for itself very quickly compared to having someone else fix them up.
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 9:02 pm

yeah Randall i always wanted a lift.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 9:07 pm

why did you opt for a four post vs a 2 post?
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 11:37 am

Jack the R wrote:
Not a bad price at all. You can spend $2000 on a new computer setup, and it'll be worthless in a few years.
I don't understand? scratch

I wish it was $2000 cheers
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 11:42 am

robotennis61 wrote:
I figure I’ll use it for storage 75% of the time and work under it the rest; a two post isn’t good for that purpose. I’ll still be able to use it for wheel and brake work, I’ll just have to use the jack platforms that I ordered with it.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:02 pm

I found this comment about the BYB at the GarageJournal board:

"Long story short, my dad & I went down to Warren Ohio, were the Backyard Buddy is made. The plant manager (owners son) gave us a full vip tour behind the scenes & really got to see first hand their full production, from bare steel, powder coating, welding, etc, I mean everything!!! It blew us away, how much pride they have in there made in USA lifts. My dad is a retired welder & was very impressed by the quality of everything, (hard to do these days)

They even had their competitors lifts up next to theirs for a side by side comparrison. the Backyard Buddy was so much more "heavy duty" it was a no contest by a mile.
After that, we ordered a lift right there & received a great deal dealing factory direct, with some nice options to go along with it.

If your looking for a lift, I would definitely, put Backyard Buddy on the list. Was it more expensive-yes it was, But you definitely get what you pay for. Go to their factory & see it made first hand, seeing is believing right!!!"

Link: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38317

Looks like you got what you paid for. Enjoy!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Northeast

Name :
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:31 pm

How much is this lift?

If you purchase a real lift you can do brake work, tie rods, ball joints, axles, exhaust work, etc...you could get a regular mechanic lift for about $1600. My buddy just installed one in his garage (he's a mechanic, and does side work). I can ask him the brand and where he got it.
Back to top Go down
Northeast

Name :
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:32 pm

99Rivman wrote:
robotennis61 wrote:
I figure I’ll use it for storage 75% of the time and work under it the rest; a two post isn’t good for that purpose. I’ll still be able to use it for wheel and brake work, I’ll just have to use the jack platforms that I ordered with it.

Oh, didnt see this, NM.
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 7:12 pm

Cool lift. Makes lots of things easier.

(and to nitpick, shouldn't the title of this thread be "Newest Addition to the garage"? Since you are adding to your existing garage and not installing the second edition garage right beside it?) smile

Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 7:39 pm

99Rivman wrote:
Jack the R wrote:

This is all the pricing info I could find on their site -

Quote :
Ask about our NEW Economy 7000 lb. four post car lifts starting at $2175* and American Made 9000 lb. two post car lifts starting at $3145

Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 9:53 pm

99Rivman wrote:
Backyard Buddy 7,000 lb. 4 Post Auto Lift Series, built in America

Not the best picture but I got their Red, White, and Blue version:
Newest Addition to the garage … Rwb-li10
You sir, are a patriot! usa

99Rivman wrote:

Not to mention, you won't be denting the doors as you can with a 2-post lift... pirate
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:46 am

AA wrote:
I found this comment about the BYB at the GarageJournal board:

Looks like you got what you paid for. Enjoy!

Aaron,
That was “one” of many different opinions about lifts on that thread! Some knocking Backyard Buddy and some taking up for them. I have definitely learned a lot more about lifts in the last couple of days but I am sticking with what I ordered. I read all five pages of that posting, and went to several other links that were posted, and it seems to me most people think BYB is overpriced for what they sell? I guess I’ll see in a few weeks!
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:48 am

Karma wrote:
(and to nitpick, shouldn't the title of this thread be "Newest Addition to the garage"? Since you are adding to your existing garage and not installing the second edition garage right beside it?) smile
Andrew,
You are correct! It should be “Addition” NOT “Edition”, I have made the correction in the title. Thanks for letting me know, I actually thought about it after the fact but since I had already made two edits to the post I didn’t fix it … fixed now! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:51 am

Jack the R wrote:
99Rivman wrote:
Jack the R wrote:

This is all the pricing info I could find on their site -

Quote :
Ask about our NEW Economy 7000 lb. four post car lifts starting at $2175* and American Made 9000 lb. two post car lifts starting at $3145

I see what you meant. To get the pricing of their main lifts it says:

!!PRICE DROP!!
U.S. made steel prices have finally gone down. We can now pass a
substantial savings on to you. Please call for NEW LOWER PRICES.

So the only way to find out the price is to call them, sorry about the confusion bonk
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:13 am

Finally got it home … borrowed a trailer, didn’t check anything on it and when they put the lift on, it had a flat tire! The lift was damaged in shipping but I picked it up anyway, I am going to file a claim with ABF to get at least something out of them!

Newest Addition to the garage … Lift_p10

After two hours … I was probably more careful than I needed to be … got it on the garage floor thumbsup

Newest Addition to the garage … Lift_p11

Newest Addition to the garage … Lift_p12

Newest Addition to the garage … Lift_p13

Now just a simple ... read … assembly and hopefully it will be in use by tomorrow yay
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:39 am

99Rivman,that is so cool! when ever i decide to roll through NC,why..I'm just gonna camp under that thing and enjoy the scenery
Back to top Go down
Jason
Aficionado
Jason

Name : Jason
Merit : 65

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:52 am

Very cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Doctor_Meltdown
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Whoa... very nice sir. smile
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:37 pm

wow...that`s a big garage...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newest Addition to the garage …   Newest Addition to the garage … Empty

Back to top Go down

Newest Addition to the garage …
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next