Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Need help - smoking on startup, still have long crank issues

Go down 
+4
96riv
albertj
AA
themanwithsauce
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

Need help - smoking on startup, still have long crank issues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help - smoking on startup, still have long crank issues   Need help - smoking on startup, still have long crank issues - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:18 pm

AA wrote:
What I mean is, when you remove the rail, the injectors are not really connected using any mechanism or fastener, they're just sitting in the cups, hanging in there. They could fall out, except there is a little bit of tension from the o-ring inside the cup. I ask if you'd ever tried this, because the injectors are designed to be sandwiched between the rail cups and the LIM. If they're not, fuel pressure might (probably would) blow the injectors out of their cups, or at least fuel would leak around the o-rings, not being seated correctly. You'll see gas in one or more of the cups, but how do you know it leaked through the injector and not around the o-rings?
I have done this, not on my car so you could be right but i would imagine it would work the same way. Im willing to bet there will be fuel in EVERY cup, but thats not what we are looking for. As i said the cups are there only to prevent the gasoline from going all over the engine bay. Were looking for the injector that CONTINUES to drip, we are watching the injectors not the cups(unless you dump them out after priming), fuel in any cup is irrelevant.
If youre that worried about an injector shooting out of the rail, get everything out of the way and take the fuel rail nuts off. At this point prime the pump and THEN pry the injectors/rail up.
Shouldnt have a problem though, ive never had injector come off without wanting it to whether it had pressure behind it or not. If your injectors are leaking at the rail because theyre loose you need new o-rings anyway.
Back to top Go down

Need help - smoking on startup, still have long crank issues
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2