Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Fuel injector leak... weird

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
crazyjackcsa

Name : Trevor
Merit : 0

Fuel injector leak... weird Empty
PostSubject: Fuel injector leak... weird   Fuel injector leak... weird EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:46 pm

I'm having a hard time getting one of my injectors to stop leaking. It's always the same one, and it doesn't seem to matter which injector I put in that spot.

It's the one that would be closest to the driver, Pressure builds, and it starts to spray. So I take it out, check the O-Ring (brand new and looks good) and put it back in. it starts to spray. So I take it out, swap a couple around and put a different one back in. It starts to spray again. any ideas? The rail looks good, the injectors look good and so do the o-rings, but that one spot just sprays and sprays and sprays.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injector leak... weird   Fuel injector leak... weird EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:51 pm

test your wiring. try swapping the injector plug with it's neighbor. (will it reach?)

You should be able to pressurize the rail while it's off the manifold, with all the injectors sticking out.

Is it the injectors where + voltage is supplied all the time and the computer pulses the ground? Or is that the fuel pump.

Anyhow, some prodding with an ohmmeter should reveal more.
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injector leak... weird   Fuel injector leak... weird EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:58 pm

If these are the injectors that I sent you, is it one of the replacement ones? or is it one of your original ones? And it its one of the replacements, try one of the originals, since I have no idea of the state of them. One(or all of them) could be seized right up.

Only other thing I can think of is the hole in the fuel rail is deformed, or the return line is plugged or something. Is the leak at injector to fuel rail? or injector to LIM?

Name : Trevor
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injector leak... weird   Fuel injector leak... weird EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 7:17 pm

Karma wrote:
If these are the injectors that I sent you, is it one of the replacement ones? or is it one of your original ones? And it its one of the replacements, try one of the originals, since I have no idea of the state of them. One(or all of them) could be seized right up.

Only other thing I can think of is the hole in the fuel rail is deformed, or the return line is plugged or something. Is the leak at injector to fuel rail? or injector to LIM?

It's one of mine, the leak is at the rail. It's only the one, all other 5 are great. and if I switch another into the spot, it's the same thing. Can a rail line get deformed like that?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injector leak... weird   Fuel injector leak... weird EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Where, exactly, is it leaking from? Is it spraying fuel above the injector? If so, it's probably the cup deformed. I have an old fuel rail you can have if that's the case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel injector leak... weird   Fuel injector leak... weird Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel injector leak... weird
Page 1 of 1