Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

fuel pump relay frying

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pbrktrt
Enthusiast

Name : patrick gervais
Merit : 5

fuel pump relay frying  Empty
PostSubject: fuel pump relay frying    fuel pump relay frying  EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 7:18 pm

Alright guys, I'm trying to help another Riv owner with a problem I haven't come across before. It was blowing pump fuses and turned out to be the relay. Replaced it and all was good for about 300 miles. Problem has returned. I would like to help but I'm kind of stumped. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated. ?
Back to top Go down
rivparadise
Fanatic
rivparadise

Name : Samuel
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump relay frying    fuel pump relay frying  EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 7:40 pm

Could have gotten a less than par relay. Also, there may be too much voltage going to it. Turn down radio, pull up the back seat and listen for clicking in the black panel. I did my relay twice then the fuel pump. Access panel in trunk for pump but not a quick clean job!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/theacetomato
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump relay frying    fuel pump relay frying  EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:04 pm

If you can get an ammeter in place of the relay I'd be curious how many amps the fuel pump is drawing. But try another relay first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump relay frying    fuel pump relay frying  Empty

Back to top Go down

fuel pump relay frying
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series I Engine & Transmission-
Jump to: