Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

ABS/Traction Control Light On

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
96RivZzZ
Rookie

Name : Zach
Merit : 0

ABS/Traction Control Light On Empty
PostSubject: ABS/Traction Control Light On   ABS/Traction Control Light On EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 7:32 pm

I have a 96 Riv (supercharged 3.8) with the ABS and TC light on, I believe the car needs a wheel bearing and a wheel speed sensor (judging by the lights, etc). Do these cars have any sort of Torque Management if it detects an issue with the TC/ABS? I had a 98 deville that wouldn't go into 1st when the TC was off, then later when the wheel speed sensor went bad. Mostly the car feels a little sluggish off the line and barely chirps the tires from a dead stop.
Thanks!
Zach
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

ABS/Traction Control Light On Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABS/Traction Control Light On   ABS/Traction Control Light On EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 2:44 am

96RivZzZ wrote:
I have a 96 Riv (supercharged 3.8) with the ABS and TC light on, I believe the car needs a wheel bearing and a wheel speed sensor (judging by the lights, etc).  Do these cars have any sort of Torque Management if it detects an issue with the TC/ABS?  I had a 98 deville that wouldn't go into 1st when the TC was off, then later when the wheel speed sensor went bad.  Mostly the car feels a little sluggish off the line and barely chirps the tires from a dead stop.
Thanks!
Zach

The cars*do*have (rudimentary) torque management - you'd have to look in the service manual for details.
Back to top Go down

ABS/Traction Control Light On
Page 1 of 1