Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

ecm/code 26 qdm? no spark!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
grrizzlybear1
Special

Name : jeff
Merit : 0

ecm/code 26 qdm? no spark! Empty
PostSubject: ecm/code 26 qdm? no spark!   ecm/code 26 qdm? no spark! EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 10:19 pm

Subject: ecm/code 26 qdm? no spark! Today at 6:59 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi i have a 1990 riv. 3.8 and have a no start problem i read the forum and replaced the crank sensor btw 190000+ miles and the coil it looked burned by the yellow wire connection still no spark i did not have a alignment tool as recomended by the repair book no one has one so i gaped it at 0.30 like the instruction's said too, anyway i had the module tested it was bad,replaced it and the car started
i drove it around for 2 hrs and then let it run for another 3 i pulled the following code's 28,27,26,24, 42. i then shut it off and let it set for 1 hour then tried to restart and nothing no spark again i checked all fuses and grounds i cleaned all connections (grounds and power block) prior to replacing the module
does anyone know were the ecm is located? i pulled a box out from behind the glove box( there is another box just under it above the kick panel but i cannot get it out,)
# on it from delphi delco svc#01228786 went to delphi's web site no match is this the bcm? the "chip" that i need to keep and put in the new ecm (i can get one from a junkyard but i really want it from checker auto parts for $89.99 )is not the same there are two of them and won't come out
btw the sticker on the box says remanufactured so it has been changed before?
would a bad ecm cause the no start problem? any suggestion's would be helpful! thx,
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: ecm/code 26 qdm? no spark!   ecm/code 26 qdm? no spark! EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 1:06 pm

are you still having this problem?

Albertj
Back to top Go down
grrizzlybear1
Special

Name : jeff
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: ecm/code 26 qdm? no spark!   ecm/code 26 qdm? no spark! EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 8:59 pm

yes i am i have not yet replaced the ecm however on the back of the balancer there are two plates for the crank senser that were bent due to the puller bolts i straightened them out and reinstalled on the way they came off this balancer has been removed before by the previos owner prehaps, there are alignment holes on the plates but i just put them back on the way they came off i am going to go to the parts store and look at a new one to determine there position and then see if this is the problem if not i will halve to order the computer it will take several days to arrive i did(bth) get it out practliy standing on my head! thanks for reply,jeff
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: ecm/code 26 qdm? no spark!   ecm/code 26 qdm? no spark! EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 9:35 pm

You might want to get a replacement balancer if the PO (previous owner) munched the old one. It will either keep whacking the sensor or never really be in alignment with it and so nover send a consistent signal. Hall Effect sensors have to be set just so in order to work consistently, so this is critical to fix it right or it will never, ever work right.

I guess my pointis if I was you I'd replace the bent up stuff including that balancer, and if the old balancer hit my crank sensor I'd get another one of those too.

Regarding the burnt coil terminal, I would just replace that coil, they are not that expensive at a NAPA for instance. While U are at it check the spark plug wires. You might have one arcing to ground or some such. The factory wires are very good, actually. But they do not last forever. Only ones I know that are truly better are Magnecor wires. http://www.magnecor.com.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ecm/code 26 qdm? no spark!   ecm/code 26 qdm? no spark! Empty

Back to top Go down

ecm/code 26 qdm? no spark!
Page 1 of 1