Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote

Go down 
+57
100percentjake
BMD
Rivit
slugranch
llamalor2112
sniperdude
jbeganny
th3fr4nchi5e
Trystlore
riviera559
nothincame2mind
robotennis61
Cmurphy
Abaddon
shrek
BrianEsser
LARRY70GS
98inSFl
Rickw
maximum
chrldo
Eldo
Hard4unot2
slacker2620
DEMonte1997
albertj
dnyce200
71stagegs
dscott2000
EatDirtFartDust
Sweepspear
deekster_caddy
manofmany
GMFreak8
curious riv
mdhall1
Ryan from Ohio
rivparadise
98RIV7777
ibmoses
97Riv-Jon
96riv
racinfan
mayfair4life187
99Rivman
steel2040
SpaceBar
jimmyriv
T Riley
AA
1998 Riv
jax95riv
NO 4 EVR
98riv
5 rivs rgt now
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
maximum
Amateur

Name : Mark
Merit : 0

remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:05 am

finally got it to work !!! yea !!
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:07 pm

maximum wrote:
finally got it to work !!! yea !!

Did they both program?
Back to top Go down
maximum
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:18 pm

well one had a dead battery, but the other did !
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:25 pm

Bet your thumbs are tired... smile

(When you get a new battery, don't forget that you have to re-program the first one as well.)
Back to top Go down
maximum
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:39 am

oh yeah ! the next day I was thinking " why do my thunbs hurt?" not looking forward to programing them both, but it's nice to have a working key fob again !!!
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:13 pm

maximum wrote:
oh yeah! the next day I was thinking " why do my thunbs hurt?"

rotf
Back to top Go down
shrek
Special

Name : Shrek

PostSubject: how to program door remotes   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:37 pm

i have a 97 expedittion and i can program my remotes by being in the truck doors closed. turn my ign on and off 5 times (to put the truck in a learning mode) then i push my lock button on each remote once and truck responds by unlocking and locking again to conferm programing................

Is there any way to program my 97 riv's remote w/o going to the dealer....
I have 1 remote i found in a junk pontiac ( i don't not have the orginal remotes)

any help greatful

Thanks Shrek
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Check out the photo explaining the DLC numbering about 40% down this page, and then my instructions at the bottom of the page.

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/audio-electronics-f7/keyless-entry-remote-has-stopped-working-t3323.htm#103570
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:17 pm

Please be sure that the remote "belongs" to the car. If the GM number on the back isn't the same (as the Riv), the remote will not program. If someone could post that number for him it would be cool. I would but my keys are with the car at work.....
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:54 pm

Abaddon wrote:
Please be sure that the remote "belongs" to the car. If the GM number on the back isn't the same (as the Riv), the remote will not program. If someone could post that number for him it would be cool. I would but my keys are with the car at work.....

As far as I can tell, we all have "FCC ID # KOBUT 1BT"
(Except, of course, the '95s...)
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:24 pm

Not that number. There should be an FCC# and an 8 digit P/N. The 8 digit P/N is what separates em all. Alot of em look identical but aren't compatible.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:07 am

Abaddon wrote:
Not that number. There should be an FCC# and an 8 digit P/N. The 8 digit P/N is what separates em all. Alot of em look identical but aren't compatible.

Sorry to disagree with you again, but while they all look alike, there have been many posts here about these keyfobs, (not to mention all the eBay listings,) and the general consensus is that the part number is immaterial... The key (pardon the pun) is the FCC ID number...

Hell, I've got 2 remotes with the same part number, yet one of them has English for the lock buttons, and the other one has "international symbols" for them.
Back to top Go down
Cmurphy
Cmurphy

Name : Charlie Murphy
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:25 am

98riviera98 wrote:
AA wrote:
Yes, all metals (except for lead) conduct well in pure form, but some have coatings that prevent good contact.

rockets actually ur wrong ALL maleable metals (SOFT METALS) CANNOT conduct electricty afro

Wow thats just a wrong statement in every way, the most malleable metals are metals like Pure gold, silver, lead, tin, aluminum, and copper. which i'm pretty sure most wiring is made up of copper, aluminum, silver and gold, but um maybe i'm wrong maybe most wiring is made of steel and iron?

study before you try to correct someone please
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:43 am

You're a little slow on the chastising... like 4 years. jump
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:43 am

Ididit,has a really cool keyless/ignitionless,system. check it out.
Back to top Go down
nothincame2mind
Aficionado

Name : Ryan
Merit : 20

PostSubject: Programming Key Fob   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:00 pm

I lost the key fob for my car and was wondering if the key fob that I have for my '01 Sunfire will be able to be programmed for the Riv. I went to the dealer and they want $70 for it. Haven't checked eBay yet, but will when I get home from work.
Back to top Go down
nothincame2mind
Aficionado

Name : Ryan
Merit : 20

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 6:17 pm

Nevermind.
Back to top Go down
riviera559
Rookie
riviera559

Name : FresnoRiviera

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:11 pm

would a remote from a 96 grand prix work on my 95 riv THANKS
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:43 pm

riviera559 wrote:
would a remote from a 96 grand prix work on my 95 riv THANKS

I believe you need to have matching FCCID numbers on the back of the fob. As long as those numbers match you should be able to have it added.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:10 pm

If the change was company-wide, '96 was a new system. That's the year the Rivs got the 'teardrop' shaped keyfobs, while the '95 had rectangular fobs...
Back to top Go down
Trystlore
Trystlore

Name : Mike Woods

PostSubject: Security System question on a 95 Riv   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:14 am

Was trying to program a fob the other day, {pointless after all fob was dead /sigh) but the issue i had was following the write up on the site here i set the system into learn mode and got the lock/unlock response just fine, how ever when i closed the door and turned the key to the "on" position the doors didnt lock. Was wondering if this sounds like a fault in the system or what. The security still works if i arm it and use the test described in the write up about opening it the lights flash. Horn is stuck on atm so fuse for it is pulled . I was "informed" that when i got a new fob programmed in that it would solve the horn issue so i could put the fuse back in. Not sure of the truth to that. Anyway ideas on why no lock response on the turn ignition to on position would be appreciated or answers to any of my unvoiced yet apparent issues. thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

Merit : 28

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:15 am

In my 95 the doors do not lock when I turn the key to the on position. If Im understanding what you mean correctly? If they were to lock it would be when the car is put in gear but Im not sure if thats the case or not.
Back to top Go down
Trystlore
Trystlore

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:20 am

th3fr4nchi5e wrote:
In my 95 the doors do not lock when I turn the key to the on position. If Im understanding what you mean correctly? If they were to lock it would be when the car is put in gear but Im not sure if thats the case or not.

When you set the system in programing mode (jump pins 4 and 8) it does a quick lock/unlock switch to acknowledge programing mode. then from that point you close the doors and turn the key to the on position at which point they are suppose to lock then use the fob either hold lock or both lock and unlock till they unlock. mines not doing the lock part at tht point after doors are closed and switch is rolled to on position
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

Merit : 28

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:42 am

Im sorry, I misunderstood. The write-up Im looking at includes a picture of the directions from a GM manual or similar and it says exactly as you said you have done. I have a spare fob from another car and if I have a chance I can try this tomorrow and see if I run into similar problems.
Back to top Go down
Trystlore
Trystlore

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:54 am

th3fr4nchi5e wrote:
Im sorry, I misunderstood. The write-up Im looking at includes a picture of the directions from a GM manual or similar and it says exactly as you said you have done. I have a spare fob from another car and if I have a chance I can try this tomorrow and see if I run into similar problems.

much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote   remote - FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ: Programming a New Keyless Entry Remote
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next