Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

painting the arm rest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkoRv
MarkoRv

Name : Marko
Merit : 0

painting the arm rest Empty
PostSubject: painting the arm rest   painting the arm rest EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 9:13 pm

I have a tan armrest but my interior is grey, anybody know a good paint for the armrest to match? The original armrest has broken latch, the one that clicks when you close it so i want to replace it, i don't know if i could take the vinyl cover off the old one and reupholster it to the new one? what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
jbird
Fanatic
jbird

Name : Jeff
Merit : 7

PostSubject: Re: painting the arm rest   painting the arm rest EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 11:19 am

Just an opinion since I have not used vinyl paints.
I would want to replace it with a factory gray part. The armrest sees some action I would be afraid paint wouldn't hold up.
Have you tried Morad?
Back to top Go down
MarkoRv
MarkoRv

Name : Marko
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: painting the arm rest   painting the arm rest EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 8:46 pm

I tried morad they don't have it, I was thinking if it is possible to take the grey vinyl off the broken armrest lid and holster it onto the new one after removing the tan vinyl...they are attached to the plastic with staples
Back to top Go down
Rivlanta
Rivlanta

Name : Craig
Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: painting the arm rest   painting the arm rest EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 6:52 am

Marko...I refinished my steering wheel with "SEM SURE-COAT Waterborne Paint" and it worked really well. You must have it custom color-mixed, but it's not a big deal if you can find a local SEM paint dealer. (I provided them a color sample from an extra piece of leather from my seat.)

Check out my write-up (Rivlanta) on this site where I describe the paint process to my steering wheel:

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t10028-preserving-or-refinishing-painted-vinyl-steering-wheel?highlight=steering+wheel

This may work for your armrest as well. Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: painting the arm rest   painting the arm rest Empty

Back to top Go down

painting the arm rest
Page 1 of 1