Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Can the original radio / cassette be replaced with a cassette / CD system?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
three4rd

Name : Keith
Merit : 0

Can the original radio / cassette be replaced with a cassette / CD system?  Empty
PostSubject: Can the original radio / cassette be replaced with a cassette / CD system?    Can the original radio / cassette be replaced with a cassette / CD system?  EmptyWed May 20, 2020 12:01 pm

Always wondered this, since on my 95 the cassette player basically no longer works. Is there one out there that would fit that would also have a CD player?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

Can the original radio / cassette be replaced with a cassette / CD system?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can the original radio / cassette be replaced with a cassette / CD system?    Can the original radio / cassette be replaced with a cassette / CD system?  EmptyWed May 20, 2020 7:50 pm

three4rd wrote:
Always wondered this, since on my 95 the cassette player basically no longer works. Is there one out there that would fit that would also have a CD player?

No, but you might find the single-DIN CD player that plugs into the radio if you scour hard enough. Good luck with the cable though.
Back to top Go down
three4rd

PostSubject: Re: Can the original radio / cassette be replaced with a cassette / CD system?    Can the original radio / cassette be replaced with a cassette / CD system?  EmptyMon May 13, 2024 9:23 am

albertj wrote:
three4rd wrote:

No, but you might find the single-DIN CD player that plugs into the radio if you scour hard enough.  Good luck with the cable though.

Why not? So all the ones I'm seeing on the ebay site I mentioned in the other thread definitely won't fit my '95? I'd be satisfied if a radio / cassette player could be put in. CD capability in the unit would be an added bonus.
Back to top Go down
ADDvanced

Name : ADDvanced
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Can the original radio / cassette be replaced with a cassette / CD system?    Can the original radio / cassette be replaced with a cassette / CD system?  EmptyMon May 13, 2024 2:43 pm

Back to top Go down
three4rd

PostSubject: Re: Can the original radio / cassette be replaced with a cassette / CD system?    Can the original radio / cassette be replaced with a cassette / CD system?  EmptyMon May 13, 2024 3:59 pm

ADDvanced wrote:
I installed a Pioneer 1770 in mine

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t13059-pioneer-1770nex-carplay-install-thread#201916

Looks great! I replied right on your thread. I'd love to do something like that, but it's a bit above my pay grade I believe. But I'd gladly pay my local auto body shop (if they even do this sort of thing). Thanks for the reply!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can the original radio / cassette be replaced with a cassette / CD system?    Can the original radio / cassette be replaced with a cassette / CD system?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Can the original radio / cassette be replaced with a cassette / CD system?
Page 1 of 1