Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Any idea where I could get a replacement radio/cassette for my '95?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
three4rd
Amateur

Name : Keith
Merit : 0

Any idea where I could get a replacement radio/cassette for my '95? Empty
PostSubject: Any idea where I could get a replacement radio/cassette for my '95?   Any idea where I could get a replacement radio/cassette for my '95? EmptySun May 01, 2022 3:15 pm

I mentioned this on the other Riviera forum and it was suggested I check here. Apparently the issue in finding one is that the '95 model uses a different dash than those that housed earlier radios. I did some quick checking around on eBay, etc. but most of what is being offered looks way too big for the available slot on mine. Always thought it'd be cool to add a CD player as well.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Any idea where I could get a replacement radio/cassette for my '95?   Any idea where I could get a replacement radio/cassette for my '95? EmptySun May 01, 2022 9:32 pm

I think GM used to sell a single-din CD player that installed in the dash of the 95 above the ashtray.

You should have no trouble having say United Radio (NY) repair your radio/cassette. See https://www.unitedradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Consumer-repair-form.pdf.  United is a major player in logistics and electronics repair.  They are not small, you may want to poke around the web site.  Pricing is reasonable considering the quality.  It can't hurt to ask them about the CD player although I think your best bet for that is web search/eBay.  I think it's this unit with a different plastic nose piece maybe: https://www.ebay.com/itm/194740353626

GM also made a 1.5 DIN AM FM CD but I don't know if it was intended for install in the Riv.
Back to top Go down
MaxLegroom

Name : Robert Smith
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Any idea where I could get a replacement radio/cassette for my '95?   Any idea where I could get a replacement radio/cassette for my '95? EmptyTue May 10, 2022 7:59 am

I did a bit of further digging and found through the 1FactoryRadio website that the Riviera uses the same radio as a Corsica of the same year. They don't have any in stock at this point, but that's what it is. I'd seen this website referred to when someone was talking about adding bluetooth or an auxiliary jack to their radio, which can be done with '96 and later models.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Any idea where I could get a replacement radio/cassette for my '95?   Any idea where I could get a replacement radio/cassette for my '95? EmptyTue May 10, 2022 2:57 pm

MaxLegroom wrote:
I did a bit of further digging and found through the 1FactoryRadio website that the Riviera uses the same radio as a Corsica of the same year.  They don't have any in stock at this point, but that's what it is.  I'd seen this website referred to when someone was talking about adding bluetooth or an auxiliary jack to their radio, which can be done with '96 and later models.  

...all they (1FactoryRadio) are doing is wiring abluetooth module into the radio - crack open the case and parallel it onto the aux input basically. See https://www.digikey.com/en/product-highlight//m/microchip-technology/bm70-bluetooth-low-energy-modules for available bluetooth chips.

So - if you pulled a junkyard radio and sent it to them for overhaul and modification they should be able to do this for you. Call them first he he.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any idea where I could get a replacement radio/cassette for my '95?   Any idea where I could get a replacement radio/cassette for my '95? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any idea where I could get a replacement radio/cassette for my '95?
Page 1 of 1