Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Homelink stopped working.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

Name : Brian Cohen
Merit : 8

Homelink stopped working. Empty
PostSubject: Homelink stopped working.   Homelink stopped working. EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 9:57 pm

As the title says my home link just stopped working from 2 years of service. The LED light does work and it looks like it's going into programming mode. Is there a way to reset it?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Homelink stopped working.   Homelink stopped working. EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 11:54 pm

carguy8888 wrote:
As the title says my home link just stopped working from 2 years of service. The LED light does work and it looks like it's going into programming mode. Is there a way to reset it?

Instructions for reprogramming the HomeLink are in your owners' manual. Happened to me once - never did figure out why.
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: Homelink stopped working.   Homelink stopped working. EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 6:22 am

I'll try the owner's manual but I did find directions on the internet. The red light flashes rapidly when it goes into program mode but it just does not program.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Homelink stopped working.   Homelink stopped working. EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 11:18 am

IF it worked before and now it does not, maybe it's busted. As you know, you have to hold the device (garage door opener) that you are cloning into the Homelink, very close to the Homelink. At this point I'd be thinking about whether the Homelink's antenna lead was broken or disconnected, and whether I could fix that or if I just had to get a junkyard replacement.

For the rest of you reading this: see this (blissfully short and succinct) video, for some GD openers you need a 'bridge' adapter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqi5lJPHl-E The video explains which brand and model year openers you need the bridge adapter for.
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: Homelink stopped working.   Homelink stopped working. EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 11:25 am

Is the antenna in the unit or somewhere else?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homelink stopped working.   Homelink stopped working. Empty

Back to top Go down

Homelink stopped working.
Page 1 of 1